By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happens after pc sets itself apart graphically from ps360?

sc94597 said:
JaggedSac said:
sc94597 said:
@ JaggedSac
$500 dollar pc running crysis on high
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-graphic-game,1907-4.html

Intersting bench-mark. At only 1024X768 the system could only manage a measly 37 fps with no AA. Not impressive. Wonder if they actually played a large portion of the game, including fights with explosions and heavy usage of the physics engine, because they never specify. What you just proved is that even at a baseline of $500 the Crysis graphics that everyone loves so much, just aren't there. Now increase the resolution to where it is widescreen. See how the frame rate likes that. The XBox360 handles my 42" 1080p well. That IGN reviewer's system is well over $500.

YEt the game probably looks better than any console game. Good luck playing the mass of array iof 1080p games.......oh wait. SO your point?

Actually GoW looks pretty darn good.  And in fact looks worse on the PC.  Textures are more important than polygons.  UT 3 looks better than Crysis in my opinion and runs better too.

Around the Network

Oh and for those that think that no PC games are coming out any time soon that look better than Crysis that is 100% false.

Rage, Doom 4, and Quake 5 made by id Software are all going to have better graphics than Crysis and also RTS games such has StarCraft 2 are all advancing in graphics drastically for RTS games. I can guarantee that in one or two years there will be multiple games either released or announced that best Crysis for the PC.

PC Gamer
JaggedSac said:
sc94597 said:
JaggedSac said:
sc94597 said:
@ JaggedSac
$500 dollar pc running crysis on high
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-graphic-game,1907-4.html

Intersting bench-mark. At only 1024X768 the system could only manage a measly 37 fps with no AA. Not impressive. Wonder if they actually played a large portion of the game, including fights with explosions and heavy usage of the physics engine, because they never specify. What you just proved is that even at a baseline of $500 the Crysis graphics that everyone loves so much, just aren't there. Now increase the resolution to where it is widescreen. See how the frame rate likes that. The XBox360 handles my 42" 1080p well. That IGN reviewer's system is well over $500.

YEt the game probably looks better than any console game. Good luck playing the mass of array iof 1080p games.......oh wait. SO your point?

Actually GoW looks pretty darn good.  And in fact looks worse on the PC.  Textures are more important than polygons.  UT 3 looks better than Crysis in my opinion and runs better too.

And that is your opinion, but technically crysis has better graphics. And I hope you aren't saying crysis overall?

Ickalanda said:
Oh and for those that think that no PC games are coming out any time soon that look better than Crysis that is 100% false.

Rage, Doom 4, and Quake 5 made by id Software are all going to have better graphics than Crysis and also RTS games such has StarCraft 2 are all advancing in graphics drastically for RTS games. I can guarantee that in one or two years there will be multiple games either released or announced that best Crysis for the PC.

Agreed, alot of games are reaching that level.

i have the PC version of Gears of War, which IMO looks better than the 360 version.

Around the Network
Ickalanda said:

I wouldn't mention Starcraft 2 as a graphical showcase, it's Blizzard we're talking about. But Empire: Total War looks like the RTS counterpart of Crysis, with amazing visuals for a game of it's scope.

All I am saying is that high-end pc gaming graphics are a niche market. Sure, 1.5 million copies of Crysis have been sold, but the vast majority played those games on medium quality or below. I will gladly pay $400 for 5 years and be happy with the fact that there are going to be games with amazing graphics available and not have to worry about ordering another motherboard that will allow me to have a physics chiip on it, or putting that shitty ass OS Vista on my comp. The main problem with pc development is optimizations. They can't optimize as well as a console can. There are too many variations so the experience is wildly varied depending on what your setup is. Look at the IGN review for proof. Lots of other reviewers had no problem with the game.

PS360ForTheWin said:
i have the PC version of Gears of War, which IMO looks better than the 360 version.

Well, it looks better on my 42" lcd than my dad's 22" lcd on his pc.  I guess they would need to be the same size for me to make a valid comparison.

JaggedSac said:
PS360ForTheWin said:

Well, it looks better on my 42" lcd than my dad's 22" lcd on his pc. I guess they would need to be the same size for me to make a valid comparison.

i ran both versions on my 37" 1080i LCD TV

Damn, did you play with a mouse and keyboard. Seems like an awkward setup. What kind of TV is it?