By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can MGS4 reach 7-10 mln. by the end of 2008 thnx to BUNDLE?

RolStoppable said:
CrazzyMan said:
@RolStoppable,
80GB bundles ALSO will be bought by those who want 80GB model. =)
Not to mention, that MGS4 can be just like any bundled game, bought by NOT mgs fan. =)

By the way, Motorstorm and Resistance after 1 year, still making around 100-120k per month. MGS4 is a new game, with bundle it could easy make over 100k per week for a long time i believe.. =)

But who is going to say that all Metalgearboys will buy a PS3? Maybe they are tired of the series and don't feel like playing MGS4.

Remember, not all Marioboys who played Super Mario 64 have bought a GC to play Super Mario Sunshine. So there's even a realistic kimpossibility that MGS4 sells less than 5m copies lifetime.

hehe, Kimpossibility...... I'm not sure about how MGS4 will sell, but in this generation, big franchises have sod more than they have in a long time. I don't think everyone would buy the bundle and stuff. To throw a number out there, I'm going to say 5.5 million lifetime.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I counter your logic with my interrupt card:

CrazzyMan said:
Again people, DON`T forget, that PS2 was HACKED and PS3 is NOT.
Moreover, MGS4 will define gaming for next several years, it`s a masterpiece! =)
Anyway, first few weeks sales will show what to expect. :)

Your a persistent little fella arnt you 

Good for you. you make a prediction and you stick to it.

I think CrazzyMan is living up to his name with this insane prediction, but this is exactly why he's one of my favorites.

For the Big games on PS3, this is what I'm thinking -

MGS4: 4-6 mil.
FF 13: 6-8 mil.
GT5: 8-12 mil.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
Again people, DON`T forget, that PS2 was HACKED and PS3 is NOT.
Moreover, MGS4 will define gaming for next several years, it`s a masterpiece! =)
Anyway, first few weeks sales will show what to expect. :)

That's pretty big words for a game you haven't even played yet

@TheSource: What provided you with the incentive to go with DMC4? A game that isn't bundled with a console, not an Exclusive title, and hasn't been hyped to oblivion and back?

@Everybody else:  First off, I feel this game will be much closer to Gears of War than say, DMC4.  I think you'll have higher initial sales due to the bundle and this will track just as well, if not more so than Gears.  For those of you who honestly believe that this isn't a system pusher, I'm not sure your in the right forum.  There's no concrete evidence that PS3 sales rose due to MGS4 in previous months.  As far as how well this game does, it's still very difficult to say, I could be wrong, way wrong, or Mr. Source could be very much off.  I still supect this game will outsell GTA IV for PS3 due to it releasing on the 360 along with it, so that's a bad comparison.  If GTA IV had released on the PS3 first, we would be talking about how much impact it would have had. ( A LOT, by the way) So, no, don't think that it's just a drop in the bucket.   It's going to do very well. 

And don't even get me started on British Mags whom are Wii60 cop-outs.....

Bottom Line: My prediction is for this one to be the best selling MGS title by the end of the year...albiet barely so, maybe at best over 6 million.  But I think surpassing 7 million at some point next year is a possibility, but much more than that? I seriously doubt it.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

the bundle will help, but I think you're aiming a tad high on those estimates.

I think by the end of 08 it will sell 4 mill and lifetime sales will maybe 6 mill not more.

I already bought mine, I seriously doubt that it can touch the 5.000.000 mark.....

Let's wait.....

Many good games are out there.....

I and many others own both systems, we have to manage that :)

By the end of this generation in 2011 we will have:

18.890.000 + (174 x 120.000) = 39.770.000 for XBOX360
12.610.000 + (174 x 170.000) = 42.190.000 for PS3