By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can MGS4 reach 7-10 mln. by the end of 2008 thnx to BUNDLE?

You are overestimating the game. i say 5 million lifetime

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
CrazzyMan said:
@RolStoppable,
80GB bundles ALSO will be bought by those who want 80GB model. =)
Not to mention, that MGS4 can be just like any bundled game, bought by NOT mgs fan. =)

By the way, Motorstorm and Resistance after 1 year, still making around 100-120k per month. MGS4 is a new game, with bundle it could easy make over 100k per week for a long time i believe.. =)

But who is going to say that all Metalgearboys will buy a PS3? Maybe they are tired of the series and don't feel like playing MGS4.

Remember, not all Marioboys who played Super Mario 64 have bought a GC to play Super Mario Sunshine. So there's even a realistic kimpossibility that MGS4 sells less than 5m copies lifetime.

Agree, by the logic of CrazzyMan, MGS4 will no sell a lot more than 5 millions...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

6 million copies of MGS 4 will be sold by the end of 2008.

lol...MGS4 has never sold more then 5.8 m what makes u think it will alll of the sudden sell 10m now....

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

I do not believe MGS4 can sell 7 to 10 million for the year (2008) is out.

Around the Network

That bundle ain't cheap. Motorstorm was free. So was Marvel Ultimate Alliance. That MGS4 bundle is going to sell to people who want MGS4, anyway. Otherwise, they'd just but the cheaper 40 or 80 gig packages. If it makes you feel better, I'm buying the 80 gig bundle (if I can find it on day one! My girlfriend gets 10% off at Wal-Mart. Woo Hoo!)

It depends on how long the bundle lasts. Definitely not 10 million. 7 million MAYBE if they keep the bundle going until Christmas.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Sometimes, I stack all of my cosole boxes up, look at them, and smile. That MGS4/PS3 bundle box is sort of an eyesore. I may just buy all of the components seperately..........

There is no way MGS4 can sell more than any other MGS before.

My prediction LTD (which would pretty much be the same as end of 2008)
Japan - 400k
USA - 1.25 mln
Europe - 1.5 mln

That would bring the game to about 3 mln units.

I'm expecting this game to follow a similar pattern to Devil May Cry 4, but with much higher initial sales.

DMC4 had 140k day one in Japan on PS3.

Going by the preorders, I think this can do 20-30% more day one, probably 175k day one.

I had initially expected it to do 225k week one in Japan, but that looks low now. I think 240k-280k is pretty likely.

In Japan it will do something like...

260k-60k-40k-18k-10k-6k-4k-3k-etc.

But it will perk up when PS3 hw boosts from other games, and during holidays to over 10k I'm sure.

Can probably do 500k week one in the Americas with comparably lousy legs.

Maybe 450k week one in Others with slightly better legs than the other two regions.

I think something like 1.5 million A/1.75 million O/600k J is likely lifetime. Thats pretty good really given that none of the Metal Gear Solids have ever topped 6 million and the most recent one, MGS3, was around four million. 

I'm not even sure GTAIV will hit 7-10 million on PS3 lifetime, so even with a bundle its hard to imagine MGS4 reaching  7-10 million ever, let alone by the end of 2008. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu