By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hula Hoop Rip Off

I can never beat my wife at super hula hoop.  However, the thing that really irks me is that, when she does it, she gets tossed all of the rings.  Whenever I do it, the game tosses out a few rings but not all of them even though there's lots of time left.  Does anyone know why this is?  I'll never catch up to her her without the extra spins you get from multiple rings.  Again, it's not that I don't catch the rings -- the game just won't throw them all out to me.   Yes, I'm competitive with my wife so I'd appreciate the help.   

Around the Network

Well, there's profiles, right?
And the thing can detect weight, right?

Perhaps the game works out when your wife (or any woman, as gender would probably be in the profile) gets on Wii Fit and lets her win, encouraging her to play more games, and getting her into gaming itself.

It's a conspiracy, I say.

I thought it was timed. Hm. You got me.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Maybe the faster you go the more hoops you get...

..or she's the better gamer and you just can't handle it??

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

You have to spin the hoops faster. If they aren't up near your head, they won't throw you any more hoops. So spin a little faster, and they'll start throwing them faster. I think I once was able to get a second hoop in about 5 seconds, but you really have to move.

Around the Network
Venji said:
Maybe the faster you go the more hoops you get...

..or she's the better gamer and you just can't handle it??

No, I'm not accepting that response.  I think I prefer the idea that the game is rigged to favor women.

Girls just naturally have better hips.

That said, I score better than my wife.   :)

Although my neice clobbers my score. 

Stever89 said:
You have to spin the hoops faster. If they aren't up near your head, they won't throw you any more hoops. So spin a little faster, and they'll start throwing them faster. I think I once was able to get a second hoop in about 5 seconds, but you really have to move.

Thanks.  I suppose that makes sense.  I guess the bottom line is that I can't compete with her hips.  I can't beat any of her yoga scores either.  I'll just have to be content knowing that I can smoke her at Brawl, Warhawk and Cod4 (not that she plays any of those).  

PoppySan said:
Stever89 said:

Thanks.  I suppose that makes sense.  I guess the bottom line is that I can't compete with her hips.  

It's really nice of you to let her win at this game to make her feel good about herself.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

jlauro said:

Girls just naturally have better hips.

That said, I score better than my wife. :)

Although my neice clobbers my score.

Yeah I have a feeling that it's not the game that bias against men, I think that girls have a better ability to spin their hips, and as such they get better scores. Probably has something to do with the center on gravity on girls being different. I know that I have the high score in my house, but I have to kill myself to get it, and when my sister does it, she doesn't even try it seems. And she hola hoop a lot longer than me. She does the 6 minute super hola hooping, and I can barely do the 90 second regular hola hooping.