By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do people keep claiming MGS4 is PS3's saviour?

If you bought it to play one game, you're better off selling it.

That goes for any one game if you're not interested in anything else any platform has to offer.

With maybe the sole exception of Wii Sports. If there was ever a pack in game that could stand as the sole soft for a console owned by a non-gamer, that would be it.

Around the Network

So we are all in agreement? MGS4 must double PS3 sales to be considered successful?

Lol.

I think the game itself will sell very well, and it will push a substantial amount of consoles. That said, it wont push as many as some PS3 fans hope it will.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
So we are all in agreement? MGS4 must double PS3 sales to be considered successful?

Lol.

I think the game itself will sell very well, and it will push a substantial amount of consoles. That said, it wont push as many as some PS3 fans hope it will.

who said that??

don't just assume by reading the title,,,,

most of the poeple are saying a boost but nowhere near doubling the hardware sales.Read so that you don't say I told you /MGS flopped when sales are not doubled .no one with right mind is expecting it to be doubbled

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:

Lol.

who said that??

don't just assume by reading the title,,,,

most of the poeple are saying a boost but nowhere near doubling the hardware sales.Read so that you don't say I told you /MGS flopped when sales are not doubled .no one with right mind is expecting it to be doubbled

You see the "lol?"  That was the part where I made it clear I was joking.  That, and the fact that my first sentence was positively DRIPPING with sarcasm.

The last sentence of my post is my actual opinion. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

everyone, just wait a week or two

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

you got to be kiding ! Know they are claiming to believe what we were saying how it wont boost sales dramatically!

What happened? This is your first AAA exclusive have some faith ps3fanboys 

ChuckG16 said:

you got to be kiding ! Know they are claiming to believe what we were saying how it wont boost sales dramatically!

What happened? This is your first AAA exclusive have some faith ps3fanboys

lol,,you are back in PS3 fourms again?

for love of god(or for the love for your 360)atleast post once about something other than PS3,, so that you don't look like a troll that you really are

dude calm down, i didnt mash on the ps3 i just said have some faith its a AAA game!

It will sell well dont worry

MontanaHatchet said:
Why do Nintendo fans view desperate fanboys as the voice of a certain console's owners?

There, I said it.

It's not just Nintendo fans.  AT and JL make crazy outrageous predictions for the Wii's success and plenty of people make it sound if all Wii owners think the Wii will sell 400 million WW.

Fanboys of all types are unfortunately the loudest since their controversial remarks gather the most responses and therefore are remembered more vividly. 

Considering the situation the PS3 is in - dead last- even a spike wouldbe a much welcomed thing.

I'll say the PS3 sells 300k above it's weekly average IN TOTAL for the 6 weeks after the release of MSG4. So instead of the usual 70k*6 the total will be 70k*6+300k ( in others).

I'd also give it another 300k in America. And another 80k in Japan in the same time frame.

It may be enough to catch Xbox360 in Europe by end of summer.

What the PS3 needs is MORE of these. Losing GTA was very very painful.
A few more 680k spikes like this will put PS3 on more solid footing.

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'