By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Home open beta to be 'similar to GMAIL'

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/03/home-open-beta-to-be-similar-to-gmail/

So the open beta will be invite-only as current members invite new people to the service.  If a healthy amount of invites are given to everybody I think this could be a good idea.  GMAIL's initial rollout was a thing of beauty as people paid good money to find out what all the buzz was about.  Obviously I don't expect people to do the same for Home but that's why I said a "healthy amount of invites".  Doing it as an invite system should help garner interest so some people will check it out at least.

I'm still not entirely sold on Home but it'll be interesting to see how it shapes up. 

Around the Network

who will get the initial beta invites to send out?

sry dont have the time to read the article if the info is in there

Probably members of Qore...

well, if anybody has the invites, please be generous and send it to some of us PS3 owners here.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

haha yea for purchasing a 2 dollar e-magazine with info that can be gained from the internet.

Around the Network

If anybody on here ever gets an invite, they should promise to hand out 10 of their invites (if given 50, like gmail) to members on VGC, and other members should promise to do the same.

That way everyone on VGC could get into the Home BETA if they wanted.

Yeah I'm sure we'll find a way...I've got several vgchartz members on my friends list already.

Apparently I need some friend codes so I can get some demos for the Wii...*sigh*

I would give both testicles to get in the beta for Home.

I'm only half joking.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Yeah, I would love a Home invite. I am GAP, so maybe they will invite me to the Beta eventually.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

http://www.homebetatrial.com/