By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Street Fighter IV may come to the Wii if audience shows they want it.

memory2zack said:
Although having SFIV on Wii would be good, why would SF fans bother about a technically inferior version that would most likely play differently than what they are used to and want? I´m not saying they shouldn´t make a Wii version, but if I would ever buy SFIV it wouldn´t be on Wii.

Can in left hand, can opener in right hand.  Attach can opener to can.  Begin opening can.   Watch as worms infest everything and you're now left to clean up the mess.

Care to explain how/why it would play differently?   We've been doing jump, punck, kick since the NES days.  I'm quite certain the Wii can handle that.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Yes this is as bionic command petition and capcom do spyborg
capcom lies us. i boycott capcom. third party want that wii hardcores buy other console but.... you forget that we have nintendo.

If he had said -- the type of gamers -- he might have had a point.

But I agree with Superchunk, that generation of gamers mostly have Wii-s because they are pushing 40 (at least over 30) and outside the market demo for the HD consoles.

Honestly, I think it could be that it is easier to port the arcade game to a PC base from which an X360 port is easy and a PS3 port can be done. To do a Wii version would actually require some work and they are not sure (and probably rightly so) how much of a market there would be to do that.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I'm more likely to write capcom or sign a petition to show interest for a game I want then to buy a PS3 or 360 to get one. That said, this doesn't intrest me enough to bother say for certain if I would get it. Maybe I would get it, maybe I wouldn't if it came to the wii. All i know is that I will not get it for the 360 or PS3.

So far I know, those that want to play Half-Life or Doom play it on their PCs. Those that play it on consoles don´t have a powerful PC or are console-only gamers. Not that there aren´t people that play both console and PC games and have a powerful PC and decided to play half-life on xbox. And do far I know more people are moaning about downgraded ports than praising them.
I´m not eager in playing a fighting game with a Wiimote-nunchuk, unless its something like DBZ where you move all around. Add to that the graphically better HD version, I would choose this one.

Around the Network

If I am expected to beg for it, you can forget about. I'll stick with Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Get in the news :). Go to a monument and put up a big flyer of WE WANT SFIV ON THE WII and then jump from it with a parachute.

*Geek jumps from building because he wants a game on his console*

Why should we have to beg?
Capcom has some long time followers, giving us a version should have been one of their first priorities. They have no proof or reason by which Wii owners won't buy the game. If they never take chances they will never find out. I can say they are missing over a huge part of the fanbase.
In the long term it will be negative for them, small 3rd party devs will take over the place of big, stubborn 3rd parties. Small devs of today are the big ones of tomorrow, trust me on this.

Wait a minute, isn't one of the Street Fighter II games one of the most heavily downloaded from the Wii VC? What the fuck?