By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so much negative attitude this gen ?

As somebody that has been in the console wars since the Genesis starting calling Mario a wuss, I can say without a doubt that this level of negativity has ALWAYS existed.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
It's because they can't afford all of the systems and they want to play the games that are on systems many of these people don't have

I can easily afford all consoles.  I don't really have any particular interest in playing the games on 360 and PS3.  If there is anything I am negative about it's that despite Wii being the clear market leader 3rd parties choose to treat it as a piece of shit.  For the 1st time in 3 generations I backed the winning horse and 3rd parties still choose not to make their games on the console I have.  That is pretty annoying.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

it's because the 360 and ps3 are so similar and competing very fiercely with each other.

Words Of Wisdom said:

People forget pretty quick what it was like back in the SNES/Genesis generation... the N64/PS1 generation...

There was a lot of hostility out there. It may be because you were too young to remember the fierce rivalries that were out there. One of the biggest arguing points was the difference between the SNES and Genesis Mortal Kombat (kudos to those who remember). It wasn't just between fans either. There was plenty of malice on the part of the console manufacturers as well.

This generation is no more hostile than any other ones; it's just that some people are now old enough to see it and the internet allows information to be exchanged much quicker.

blood Blood BLOOD! The SNES version looked better and had an extra level IIRC.

OT: The SNES/Genesis rivalry was brutal and nothing like it has happened since. Even the companies themselves were taking cheapshots at each other (culminating in Big N's coup de gras, dragging SEGA in front of the United States Congress).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It was so much better back in the good old days...

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
ferret1603 said:
Last gen almost everyone had a PS2 and almost all the games were on it. This gen almost everyone has a Wii and almost non of the games are on it.

Not really.

This gen is pretty evenly split between PS360 and Wii.

Even though PS360 has a larger marketshare, Wii owners feel like every game needs to be on their console.

You mean the Wii is getting big budget games in an equal amount at the other systems, and the HD systems get as many low budget games? Unless you can prove that, I'm calling BS.

Or I may call BS right now. You've sublty put down the Wii a lot, and this just confirms you are a basher, even if you claim to have the system.

Me, I guess I got negativity, but mainly to people who twist facts. It's a personal issue, but I try to be fair with systems. It's true the Wii is not an HD system, but it is NOT true that the Wii has anywhere near the high grade support the HD systems have.

Wii owners aren't asking for every big 3rd-party game to come to their system. They are asking for SOME big 3rd-party games to come to their system. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It is because nintendo fans want the wii third party support to be equal to the one the ds have since the wii is the console leader.But they won't wait they want it know they should wait until e3 and if there is nothing announce then they have all the right to complain.

i think the people today don't really know anything about videogames. Some kids look at video games an only want one thing, and thats graphics. Another thing is they are quick to cricitize a game without even trying to pick up a controller a play that game. As an old saying would go "don't judge a book buy its cover." Unfortunately, thats how people are with video games.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

ctk495 said:
It is because nintendo fans want the wii third party support to be equal to the one the ds have since the wii is the console leader.But they won't wait they want it know they should wait until e3 and if there is nothing announce then they have all the right to complain.

No, they don't want dominating support (other than that every fanboy wants that). They want at least A FEW MORE big budget games from developers, when most are giving 0-3 big budget games  (Capcom giving at the high end). The PSP gets better support than that.

And there is not even a hint this will turn around at E3, only the word of a few message board posters. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It's already been said, but last gen was so one-sided there wasn't much to be negative about. If you wanted all of the good games, you got a PS2. Then you only lost out on a small handful of Xbox exclusives and the NIntendo games.

You do not have the right to never be offended.