By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am starting to doubt there will be high budget 3rd party games for Wii

keep faith alive!!!

Around the Network

Hello have you seen the trailer of spyborg? It´s only a cg.
Capcom put 3 aaa games for me in other consoles sfiv, resident evil 5 bionic command at least are high budget. and you can´t forget dark void, ssf2t hd,puzzle fighter bionic command remake,1942 and comando 3

And a game that look as nicktoon game it´s our megaultragame because capcom want sell this game to casual ( this is real. read the interview)

i complain about capcom after this i doesn´t buy okami and other capcom games for my wii or my ds.

If you build it, they will come...

Yeah I gotta say that cartoonish graphics don't exactly mean low budget. Take a look at Zelda: Wind Waker. It might not be your artistic taste, but it doesn't make it cheap. To be honest, there are dev tools out there like FPS Creator that you can make a complete game with multiplayer and have it look like your average mid to high budget FPS game. That program costs like $50 US. So, don't assume that realistic graphics = high budget.

As for advertisement, the publisher is responsible for that task, not the console its for. Sony tends to advertise for a lot of their games because they own, part of or entirely, several broastcast stations. MS owns a few too (MSNBC, for example) So those stations they pretty much get free advertising on.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:

This thread is a disgrace and embarassing to Wii fans.

Here is a new IP, backed by a big publisher, with PROVEN talent behind it, is exclusive to the Wii, and isn't a minigame collection or Nintendogs ripoff. How is it treated? It's dismissed almost immediately as a "kiddie game that doesn't look interesting." This is based off of a couple of screenshots and a trailer that doesn't say much in the way that the game is played.

Have we truly fallen so far that those have become our standards for a good Wii game?

Wind waker look way better than spyborg.
Spyborg havent online features ( tell by capcom)
The humor of spyborg is worse than mr bean
it´s a low budget game nevermind capcom tell

i usually play games because they are fun....but it seems that a lot of people play games because of the blood and the mature content.

you're not though of course when you play mario kart or smg...better play manhunt or the suffering!!

I also liked the gamecube very much with a lot of outstanding titles. the same goes already for the wii.

and remember: big budget titles arent made in a few months !!!

Capcom tell that this crap game is important.
If this game do profits they do a high budget game with this profits for xbox/ps3
for this is important

How about Kung Fu Panda? That's the greatest video game of all time. It's better than Ocarina of Time. It's better than Super Mario 64. It's better than Metal Gear Solid. Why? Because it's Kung Fu Panda. That's the only reason. It's as simple as that!