By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am starting to doubt there will be high budget 3rd party games for Wii

darthdevidem01 said:
Yeah imo the wii is really turning into a GC 2 for me....as in no games at all to buy

I havn't touched it for months...

Ofcourse with Brawl coming in 1 month to EU that WILL change

I sure hope it turns into the GC for me.  It'll be one of the best systems I've had, having some of the best quality games.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
OooSnap said:

"First Ubi, now Capcom... Konami next? bye bye nintendo I will sell my wii. If there's a company that can save the Wii is nintendo itself not allowing developers to make casual titles for quick bucks, there needs to be a balance between babies and adults. Good bye Wii, time for a change."

LOL. Seriously, third parties act like there are no males who own a Wii who likes video games involving shooting guns and slicing off heads. This Spyborgs game doesn't look like it will appeal to that demographic.

Damn you Capcom! Give me a Mega Man or Ghost N Goblins type game. I will never sell my Wii but I may have to buy a PS3 to play more of the games I want.

As for Konami, I still have my fingers crossed for a Castlevania Wii. Or maybe even a Contra Wii game.

There are plenty of males that play R&C so you are proven wrong

I find it unbelievable that you own a Wii and dislike cartoony 'kiddish' games. There're very few games that are anything else.

It's great to see 3rd party devs care about kids and stuff, but what about the rest of the fanbase? Don't they realize there's enough people asking for a Wii game that's not oriented to the smaller ones?
I really have to blame Nintendo, sorry but they are digging themselves a grave they won't be able to escape if this continues to happen. Nintendo can push 3rd party devs into creating quality games, they did last gen on the GC. This gen most of the games are going to X360/PS3. Look at Capcom's lineup Dark Void, RE5, DMC4, Lost Planets, Lost Planets Colonies, Dead Rising, Bionic Commando, SF4, SF2 HD, Plunder, Rocketmen, 1942 Joint strike, Bionic commando remake all exclusives to HD.
Wii has Z&W, RE UC, Neopets, Spyborgs, MH3 and 2 ports Okami and RE4.
In terms of quality and resources it's obvious they favour the HD consoles while the Wii gets 1 good game for every 5 HD gets. No megaman? No ghost and ghouls? No breath of fire? nothing for Wii owners :S not even SF4...

Nintendo is the only reason I still own my Wii, I won't trust 3rd parties anymore. Or at least not big companies, seems all the love comes from small devs.

I don't dislike cartoony kiddish games. I would just like to play more bloody mature games on the Wii. That's all.

There ought to be more balance between those types of games and mature games on the Wii. It's totally one-sided.

Around the Network

Looks like a lot of single purpose accounts show up whenever someone makes a post bashing the Wii.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

I want an Eternal Darkness 2

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

kylohk said:
Looks like a lot of single purpose accounts show up whenever someone makes a post bashing the Wii.

Yeah, it's called a concern troll.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well, I guess it's a good job the Wii is relatively inexpensive because, if worse comes to worse and we're still in the situation in the future, buying another console isn't as big a blow as it might have been.

I am starting to doubt there will be any more profitable non-sequel 3rd party games for the HD consoles.

I am also starting to doubt there will be any more threads that aren't bitching and moaning about games you weren't gonna play anyway.