By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am starting to doubt there will be high budget 3rd party games for Wii

I think Spyborg looks pretty interesting

Around the Network

Neopets ftw!

wait we arnt supposed to be hyped about Babyz and such...dang game over for me then

There will be high budget 3rd party games, some are even announced already.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

darthdevidem01 said:
Yeah imo the wii is really turning into a GC 2 for me....as in no games at all to buy

I havn't touched it for months...

Ofcourse with Brawl coming in 1 month to EU that WILL change

I can give you some tips:

Toki Tori
Final Fantasy: CC: My Life as a King
LostWinds

Really good and combined it cost you half a game. I swear it, they're good. The nice thing with these games that they're more like the old days of gaming (NES, SNES). It's only about the game itself, no big story or brilliant graphics. Very nice for a chance.

OT: Come on guys, what's with all the negativity. Personally I have nothing to complain about Wii. I touch it way more often than my GC or PS2.

This has been said before, but see it as a service: 3rd parties didn't plan to develop anything for initially. It has only been clear for little over a year and it takes at least 2 years to develop the type of quality games you all want.

Castlevania is a given. Chack the latest "leaked" info on GoNintendo.

Other quality games coming: Mushroom Men, Fatal Frame IV, Star Wars: FU (according to the dev the ultimate version), Tales of Symphonia 2, Fragile, Rygar (started as a simple port, now production budget and development time increased), Monster Hunter 3, Spyborgs, Shiren the wanderer, deBlob, the Conduit, Sky Crawlers, MadWorld and so on.

I think there's absolutely nothing to complain about. 

Around the Network

Do people really think that the highest selling console, with the cheapest budgets to make quality games, won't get more big titles? The gaming business won't be able to keep growth (or even flatness) without the Wii.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

SPYBORGS IS A HIGH BUDGET GAME

Is Ratchet & Clank a "kiddie" game ?

Dark Void and Spyborgs are the two biggest titles our office is working on. To say that either of them isn’t an incredibly high priority for the company, with major resources against them would be a pretty big misunderstanding of the reality. The team working on Spyborgs is an all-star team of some of the best character action game developers in the world, backed by us. Have faith. This is a game that is incredibly thoughtful in its design, incredibly varied in its mechanics and will be incredibly fun to play (both alone or with a buddy/son or daugther/father or mother) when its done. The initial reaction here (Capcom boards) I swear is the EXACT reaction so many of you posters had when we first revealed Zach & Wiki. Somehow, Z&W is now a posterchild title for the Wii in your eyes. Mark my words… you will feel exactly the same way about the level of quality in Spyborgs when it is done. …

Again, this is a big, epic game.

A far cry from typical Wii shovelware. You’ve heard my rants on that before… I won’t go through it again.

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

I really don't understand this reaction from Spyborgs ...

From what I have seen the game shares a similar artistic style to Jak and Daxter, with greater texture and polygonal detail; certainly, it may not be pushing the limits of the Wii's capabilities but I don't see any reason why it needs to either. Beyond that the concept seems interesting and, depending on its implementation, should be able to provide a lot of variety and could be a very enjoyable game.

I think many people set their expectations too high when they hear about a game announcement and only end up disapointed when the game is announced (just look at Banjo Kazooie); I'm not saying this will be the game of the year, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see this game end up with an average review score of 80% or higher and end up being proclaimed (like Zak and Wiki) as one of the best third party Wii exclusives.

NJ5 said:
Do people really think that the highest selling console, with the cheapest budgets to make quality games, won't get more big titles? The gaming business won't be able to keep growth (or even flatness) without the Wii.

The movie business has been going that way for a while now and is doing pretty fine.

The thing is with high budget games is that they limit the competition which allows the majors to do well ( not saying it's a good thing, just saying it's a known way that works).

Make it now so that you can have high sales on low budget and a lot more people will be interested in trying to immitate said games and that is not what the major developers like....

A lot of the big developers are built around high costs to develop games too and have the personal to handle that, make it so that suddenly it takes twice as less people to develop a game and they suddenly have too many people working for them ( or have to develop twice as many games and flood the market).

More games in the market would mean higher advertising costs to make your game gets the exposure it requires and that is when the customer starts to loose ( because personally I would rather have the money spent on making the game than in advertising it).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

HappySqurriel said:

I really don't understand this reaction from Spyborgs ...

From what I have seen the game shares a similar artistic style to Jak and Daxter, with greater texture and polygonal detail; certainly, it may not be pushing the limits of the Wii's capabilities but I don't see any reason why it needs to either. Beyond that the concept seems interesting and, depending on its implementation, should be able to provide a lot of variety and could be a very enjoyable game.

I think many people set their expectations too high when they hear about a game announcement and only end up disapointed when the game is announced (just look at Banjo Kazooie); I'm not saying this will be the game of the year, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see this game end up with an average review score of 80% or higher and end up being proclaimed (like Zak and Wiki) as one of the best third party Wii exclusives.

Many gamers in America are prejidice towards any art atyle other than realism which seems kind of silly to me.