By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We need a "Classic Gaming" forum section

VG users have loads of beloved vintage games, as do I.  Instead of registering on rfgeneration or theoldcomputer, why can't VG have a section in the forums dedicated to consoles and games of years past?  Thoughts?

Around the Network

I agree... Starting a topic about sega saturn, 3DO or any non nintnedo or sony console makes the thread sink faster than titanic on the list. One would be lucky to get 10 replies, let alone a good discussion going.

Yes, a vintage section would be awesome. I would make many posts about old NES games and what not.

Vintage Pc games ftw.

Look at my ident/nick and my avatar!

Of course I would be in favor of this.
I have game systems older than many of the posters on this site.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I'd like to see this happen as well. The few threads I've made about older games, like TMNT and Sin & Punishment, got buried pretty quickly.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

@quigontcb

People are too busy discussing todays boycotts than talking about old games and consoles.

@disolitude: I know! That's why we need a retro forum. ;)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

I'm all for a retrogaming section

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

disolitude said:
I agree... Starting a topic about sega saturn, 3DO or any non nintnedo or sony console makes the thread sink faster than titanic on the list. One would be lucky to get 10 replies, let alone a good discussion going.

Or perhaps i's lucky to get 10 replies because people just don't care that much...