By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 is still the way to go for 3rd party developers?

Not sure if people are noticing but many of the hands on impressions from recent gamer day events from different developers for multi-platform games are from the 360 version.  Most recently capcom has demoed Bionic Commando and RE 5 using the 360 hardware.  I was under impression developers where going to start leading with the PS3 to make ports easier but maybe this is still not happening yet.  Hopefully this doesn't mean PS3 vesions are getting less attention or may be delayed similar to Alone in the Dark.  In the end this is a nice bonus for MS since it gets people used to the 360 version and leaves people wondering about the PS3 version.

Around the Network

The problem is that PS3 has yet to carve out an identity different from the 360. Both pretty much do the same...except one has been out for a year longer and is easier to program for to begin with.

the games are starting to be developed on PS3 as of late 07,,so we won't see those games for another year.RE5 has been in development much longer than that

Well, the 360 is known to be easier to program for, so even if the PS3 is more powerful, for day-to-day showings of games it would make sense to show the 360 version.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

IMO PS3 multi-platform games are better than 360 ports.

COD 4, DMC 4, GTA IV, Burnout Paradise City and Assassins Creed, PS3 version was superior than the 360 version. I rest my case.

Around the Network

For developping probably yes....But most 3d party support is now multi so I don't get how it can be the favourite exactly;..

They had 1 extra year to work with the Xbox360, also it can run PC coding smoothly.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@Rock_on_2008
Remind me, what planet are you coming from?

Assassins Creed was better on 360. I rest my case.

Rock_on_2008 said:

IMO PS3 multi-platform games are better than 360 ports.

COD 4, DMC 4, GTA IV, Burnout Paradise City and Assassins Creed, PS3 version was superior than the 360 version. I rest my case.

Now, it pains me to go against a staunch supporter of my favourite console but....

Assassins Creed was sharper and glossier on the 360

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot