By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamepro unveils Halo Chronicles :-)

Just got my issue last night (not sure of the number, but it has a Halo Wars cover story).  HC is only covered in a side blurb in the HW article, and details are sparse so far, but there are a few little tidbits:

-Halo Chronicles is, in fact, the name of the 'project' Peter Jackson is working on.

-It will be 'episodic' in nature.  Whether this simply means that each level of the game will have its' own little 'plot', or whether it will pull a Sam and Max on us remains to be seen.

-It will be a unique blend of cinema and gaming, though what this means remains clouded.

-Jackson hinted that it would be a prequel, meaning that we likely won't find out just yet exactly what happens to the Chief on that planet. 

Personally, I'd LOVE to have a new episode of Halo every month or two .

Also, Bungie are working on something related to the Halo-verse that is not Halo Wars or Chronicles.  That's probably where we'll find out what happens to Chiefy-weefy. 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

This is sounding better and better. I'd love to have a solid, regularly updated single player experience in the Halo world. The refocussing of the series towards multiplayer to the detriment of single player in Halo 2 was a mistake.

Fortunately Halo 3 had an excellent single-player experience, if a little short.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wicked. Halo is ready for prime time... :)

I agree--I thought the single-player (though the human characters were quite blocky) was a fantastic return to form.

What, little love for Halo anymore?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Lol. The Xbox 360 fanbase on these forums has been eroded down to the core kitchen.

You'll have to wait a while for more responses. I agree that Halo 3's characters were quite blocky, but the lighting remains the best seen so far in a console game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I wonder if this will be released as a regular game and then updated through DLC, or all regular retail releases, or possibly all downloads?

Game sounds interesting already :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Agreed. I LOL at the people who LOLed at H3's 640p, as now it's getting common (on BOTH systems) for games to run at sub-600p levels.

A blend of cinema and gaming? Does this mean that they are focusing on the story in the game and character development with regular cutscenes?

As long as there aren't extortionate prices for episodes with little content, I'll jump on this.

hum well we knew those things since E3 I don't know which but the one with PJ.... that's not a cover story... they just pulled out old notes out of their desk during a summe cleaning probably.... that's not news... it's history lol

Any thoughts as to what the content could be?

Oh! I forgot to add that the Chief won't be the main character, but a supporting character. Thoughts? Maybe Fred or Linda? Or maybe different episodes have different characters?