By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom's New Wii game - Spyborgs...

yushire said:
The game needs more polishing though, the color seem bland need to brighten it up...

I would love for bio to invest in making this game look similar to smg type graphics, in both color, and quality.Why should nintendo, factor 5, and high voltage be the only ones pushing the wii games to have nice visuals.

Around the Network

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6191963.html

In April, the eagle-eyed editors at Trademork noticed that Capcom had trademarked the video game title "Spyborgs." At the time--and later, when the Japanese publisher registered the domain Spyborgs.com--nothing was known about the game, including whether or not it was a game at all.

Today, Capcom officially blew Spyborgs cover. Billed as an interactive version of "your favorite Saturday morning cartoon," the game is a Wii-exclusive action-adventure with a highly stylized, animation-like graphical style. That isn't as surprising, given the game's provenance. It's the first project from Bionic Games, a new Los Angeles-based studio founded by former staffers of Insomniac Games, developers of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and High Impact games, the shop behind Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters.

Though there is not actually a Spyborgs cartoon--yet--the game attempts to emulate a television series by incorporating outlandish humor, courtesy of fake TV commercials. It will also offer "quick episodic-themed gameplay" in either single-player or two-person co-op flavors. Players will be able to assume the role of one of five bionically enhanced spies, each of whom has their own special ability. Said powers--which will be tested by tailor-made opponents--include "heavy firepower," "bladed weapons," "acrobatic skateboarding," and "robotic destruction."

GameSpot will have more information on Spyborgs when it becomes available. For more previews from Capcom's recent press event, check out GameSpot's full coverage of Captivate 2008.

watched the trailer, with my 7yr old son... must buy for him

lenardo1 said:
watched the trailer, with my 7yr old son... must buy for him

ah people getting their excuses ready  - I must buy it for "the wife"

Ths is one of the 2 bridge titles that idiot Sven was talking about.
It is supposed to be a kiddy game and I spent a while laughing at him trying to calm down the posters and say that they shouldn't be angry.
This was in the making before people started exposing the casual fallacy.
While the art direction clearly dictates this, I hope the content might be spruced up since then.
If they go trying to target this to specific demographics again they will get Z&W figures.
Advertise the bloody thing to everyone and let thoise who are interested buy it.
If memory serves me correctly,the other one we'll hear about soon is a Megaman "bridge" game.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network

If you see the video available at other sites, please post a link, gametrailers is filtered at work :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

BTW, liked the "Who wrote this?" line. Reminds me of the opening of episode 5 of Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

sc94597 said:
yushire said:
The game needs more polishing though, the color seem bland need to brighten it up...

I would love for bio to invest in making this game look similar to smg type graphics, in both color, and quality.Why should nintendo, factor 5, and high voltage be the only ones pushing the wii games to have nice visuals.

So will this game be the new the conduit game hype? If I remember correctly, the conduit thread is as long as 8 pages... Or thats in gametrailers/IGN I DUNNO...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I keep hearing about a new mega man game as well....makes me wonder if that will get announced later today as well.

sc94597 said:
lvader said:
If you buy a Nintendo console you have to expect games (even 3rd party one) to have a certain look (often described as kiddy). If you want mature/ photo realistic, the Wii (or any Nitendo console) is wrong for you.

Photorealistic graphics=/= mature. Seriously stop making generalizations. I'm pretty sure by the end of this generation the mariket leader(wii) will have many diverse titles along with what your definition of "mature" is. 

I hope not, Nintendo products have always had a certain look and feel and it would be sad if it lost it's identity. Looking at the DS, it hasn't suffered from Sony blandness despite being the run away market leader for portable consoles.