By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official "Way back then" thread, Ninty style

First post a "way back then thread" and respond to it followed by another wbw Nintendo thread etc.  Here's one: We are excited about 360 and PS3 65 nm manu. processes, but way back in '96 the N64 was a 350 nm console.

Around the Network

LOL what. Wait a second. Your gonna have to explain better for us stupid f**kers

N64 used a chip that would be considered HUGE by today's standards. Here's another: Way back when in 1889, Nintendo hand made playing cards.

Now somebody comments and posts another interesting Ninty fact.

Oh, I thought this was to post old threads from VGC about Ninty, and then laugh at how much of an idiot/genius we were then.

halogamer1989 said:

Nintendo is for stupid 4 year olds!

LOL, just kidding.

Around the Network
Foshoryuken said:
halogamer1989 said:

LOL, just kidding.

I'm 32 years old. Next comment: When you see (the Wii's) graphics, you will say "wow".

d21lewis said:
Foshoryuken said:
halogamer1989 said:

LOL, just kidding.

I'm 32 years old. Next comment: When you see (the Wii's) graphics, you will say "wow".

Who said that? I believe when everybody saw the basic specs they new there was no WOW.

^^A Nintendo spokesman, maybe even Miyamoto himself. I read that in a magazine before Wii/Revoloution graphics specs were released. It's actually a pretty popular quote! Needless to say, I said "wow", but I wasn't "wowed". *edit* after a quick google-ing, it was a quote from Nintendo's Iwata-san.

d21lewis said:
^^A Nintendo spokesman, maybe even Miyamoto himself. I read that in a magazine before Wii/Revoloution graphics specs were released. It's actually a pretty popular quote! Needless to say, I said "wow", but I wasn't "wowed". *edit* after a quick google-ing, it was a quote from Nintendo's Iwata-san.
Hm, something ninty isn't telling us about the wii's hardware?

sc94597 said:
d21lewis said:
Foshoryuken said:
halogamer1989 said:

LOL, just kidding.

Who said that? I believe when everybody saw the basic specs they new there was no WOW.

First let me say I am a huge Nintendo fan, I mean these only in jest.

Way back in 1988 Nintendo was for stupid 4 year olds, in 2008 Nintendo is for all 4 year olds and stupid 24 year olds.

(EDIT (Joke REMIX):

Way back in 1988 Nintendo was for stupid 4 year olds, in 2008 Nintendo is for all 4 year olds.

Way back in 1988 Nintendo was for stupid 4 year olds, in 2008 Nintendo is for stupid people of all ages.)

Way back in 1988 people said WOW when they saw Nintendo's graphics, in 2008 Nintendo's executives keep promising us we will say wow, soon.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.