By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I played Ninja Gaiden 2 today for 4 hours and...

Interesting that a former Sony fan (boy is deliberately left out here) has almost persuaded me to go 360.

I forgot about Too Human and Alan Wake, absolutely interesting titles. Fable 1 was pretty bad, but 2 seems to be much improved.

Like I said, MGS4 doesn't interest me as much since the Konami "bribing" and because 90 minute cut scenes are absolutely ridiculous. Nice for the real fans, but I'm a hard working man and it would take me way too much time.

So unless RE5 is significantly better on PS3 I think I'll go 360 (once they've improved their hardware).

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Interesting that a former Sony fan (boy is deliberately left out here) has almost persuaded me to go 360.

I forgot about Too Human and Alan Wake, absolutely interesting titles. Fable 1 was pretty bad, but 2 seems to be much improved.

Like I said, MGS4 doesn't interest me as much since the Konami "bribing" and because 90 minute cut scenes are absolutely ridiculous. Nice for the real fans, but I'm a hard working man and it would take me way too much time.

So unless RE5 is significantly better on PS3 I think I'll go 360 (once they've improved their hardware).

In regards to RE5, all the developer diaries so far and the playable demo shown at CAPTIVATE 08 were all the 360 version. I

doubt that if the PS3 version was better, they would have shown the 360 version to the press as usually at these events and diaries, they obviously want to put their best foot forward.

And if you are like me who has already been blown away by the 360 footage shown, the PS3 version will just be equal, like most games will be.

Just FYI here is my very full 360 list for 2008:

(Note: I will be using this list to choose from to stick to my 1 game a month budget)

June: Ninja Gaiden 2 (this week!), Alone in the Dark, Civilization Revolution
July: Soul Calibur IV
August: Too Human, Tales of Vesperia*
September: Infinite Undiscovery, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Viva Pinata 2
October: Fallout 3* , Saints Row 2*, Guitar Hero World Tour*, Tom Clancys EndWar*, Project Origin*
November: Gears 2*, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts*, Left 4 Dead*
December: Fable 2*

Others: Far Cry 2*, Street Fighter IV*, Prince of Persia IV* (cant seem to even sniff a date)

*confirmed 2008, but no confirmed specific date. I have put whats most likely from me looking around blogs and press comments.

2009: Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Resident Evil 5, APB, Age of Conan, Huxley

I would agree with Zen on the 360, it has some truely amazing games out now but I would say that the lineup is more varied than the Wii. I just played RE4/Boom Blox an hour ago and I purchased Wii Fit, but I have to say that it just edges the Wii (Depending on taste of course).

I don't think that the PS3 even by early 2009 will quite match the total bredth and depth of the Xbox360 lineup. Strategy - RPG/WRPG/Action RPG - Shooter type games.

I say don't worry about RROD, we hardly get any reports of NEW systems failing so it seems they have a handle on the problem. Still if you're concerned Jasper is the one to wait for. It should fully eliminate the issue. (I mean the general hardware issues, remember RROD means general electrical fault so any console with a fault in the electrical system will pull that error code even if it isn't the specific issue that caused the problem in the first place)

Hey and if the Xmote rumors come true then you're looking at being able to enjoy two systems with motion controls! :)

Tease.

Just played the demo omg its so awesome, the demo was about a milliom times better then the devil may cry 4 demo (which I enjoyed aswell). Now I don't know what to buy cid rev or this...

Around the Network

just played the demo yesterday and my toughts on it were ok but i got through the whole demo without getting killed.
also for the most part i found myself using the x and y buttons to get through it and that worked.
I am not putting the game down as I have never really played this type of game before.
my personal toughts on the demo for what they are worth was it felt a little too easy and a bit repetitive. I genuinely hope no one takes offence at my thoughts on the demo.

again my normal game is fps so i was trying this for something different so i would not be the best judge. I am sure it gets harder as you get into it and it is a great looking game graphics wise.

^^I think the demo is the first stage of the game. I didnt die once either and agree that it was easy but it's the first stage. I'm sure it'll be more challenging.
simple control didn't bother me - I was too busy looking at the enemies getting sliced.
It looked awesome.
First day buy for sure.

yeah imagine it is the first stage.yes a lovely looking game i would agree with you there

What level of difficulty is the demo, acolyte? I'm currently playing the game on acolyte (would've started on warrior if I had known the achievements were stackable) and have only died a few times, twice on the 5th test of valor. No one has beaten the game on master ninja yet and less than 20 have beaten it on mentor. Supposedly the first guy to do it on mentor died 400+ times.

there is;nt difficulty options on it maybe the demo just has default setting.