By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I played Ninja Gaiden 2 today for 4 hours and...

rocketpig said:
Good to hear that the difficulty has been scaled back a bit since NGB. That game was annoyingly difficult to the point where I just didn't have the patience to continue playing it.

I'm picking up my preorder today. I'm gonna hold off on playing it till I can afford that new HD set.

You said you're renting it right? Let me know what you think.

I think you might be dissapointed if you think it's gonna be less frusterating than Black though. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
rocketpig said:
Good to hear that the difficulty has been scaled back a bit since NGB. That game was annoyingly difficult to the point where I just didn't have the patience to continue playing it.

I'm picking up my preorder today. I'm gonna hold off on playing it till I can afford that new HD set.

You said you're renting it right? Let me know what you think.

I think you might be dissapointed if you think it's gonna be less frusterating than Black though.

I'm fucking around with DMC4 right now so while I will play NGII sooner or later, it probably won't be until well after I play through MGS4. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Well I don't have a 360 so I won't be playing this but I am personally a bit annoyed that the difficulty was scaled back.
The main interest in those kind of games for me is the difficulty...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Ail said:
Well I don't have a 360 so I won't be playing this but I am personally a bit annoyed that the difficulty was scaled back.
The main interest in those kind of games for me is the difficulty...

If you select normal dificulty, fights are still just as difficult. But save points are more common and you get energy refiled after every fight(other than part of your bar that became red - like a severe wound).

By doing that, I think they made this game less cheap...not less fun.

Around the Network

heres a question disolitude
im a fps guy but recently getting bored with that type of game.
i recently downloaded dmc4 demo and played it but did not enjoy it. just like to add here i am not saying it was not a good game.
anyway my question is would someone like me get inti ninja as i do like my games to be challenging and unfortunatley i am not getting that satisfaction recently. dont want to go off topic too much but with fps games at the minute it is nearly impossible to get killed as all you have to do is hide and your health comes back

The have played 40 minutes of the game and I was really great. I played the original when it came out 4 years ago and beated it like 2-3 times.

I've played the first three levels today.

On the difficulty, it's not really any "easier" per se. You do recharge some health, and save points are more frequent, but it seems like enemies are more dangerous than they were on Normal in Black. I'm used to being able to tear throgh levels without taking a hit, but a lot of these guys are managing to slice me up before I take them out. There are also a lot more on screen at once than in the original.

Bosses, for the most part, have not been particularly hard. They're pretty dangerous, but it's far too easy to spam Ultimate Techniques. It's like the Flying Swallow abuse that was so easy in the original XB game.

reask said:
heres a question disolitude
im a fps guy but recently getting bored with that type of game.
i recently downloaded dmc4 demo and played it but did not enjoy it. just like to add here i am not saying it was not a good game.
anyway my question is would someone like me get inti ninja as i do like my games to be challenging and unfortunatley i am not getting that satisfaction recently. dont want to go off topic too much but with fps games at the minute it is nearly impossible to get killed as all you have to do is hide and your health comes back

Its hard to tell by jsut reading that. did you enjoy nes and snes games back in the day? You know the ones where you had to replay the level over and over...but you did it because it was a blast? not ebcause you were unlocking achievement points?

My first guess would be that people who play FPS these days would not like this game much since the console FPS craze started post halo...but when I remember that FPS has been around for a long time...you may be one of the old timers who enjoys his games challenging. My suggestion would eb to rent it or wait for the demo.

To me its my fave game of the year thus far... but the nes ninja gaiden was my favourite games when I was a kid so I may be a little biased. :)

@ Desroko

What difficulty are you playing on? I playd the first 2 leves on easy and then restarted on normal cause I could not get hit... If you play on "accolyte"  difficulty I think its easier than it should be.

Nice review, should be getting the game soon.