By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I played Ninja Gaiden 2 today for 4 hours and...

...the game absolutely owns! I am creating this thread to de-mistify some of the rumors I've seen on sites ond forums.

Too Difficult - not true 

I was a moderate fan of the NG Black on Xbox but I thought it was too hard. On top of that if you decided to play on easy after dying 3 times, the game made you feel like shit by saying you suck over and over.

This is not the case in Gaiden 2. Thanks to the fact that your energy meter refils after every fight other than the permanent damage, and health is regenerated at every save point, with lots of save points...  this game is finally playable even by non hardcore members of the gaming comunity.  Its still challenging, but not frustratingly hard for beginners thanks to the easy mode that is selectable right away.

Visuals - great

Game looks better than NG Sigma, quite easily. More body parts flying, more detail and variety in models and faster action. People are saying its lil 585p or something. You won't notice anything like that because the action is so fast and brotal...the game didn't stutter at all for the first 4 levels too which is a plus.

Audio - amazing

This has to be one of the best musical soundtracks I've ever heard. The music pumps you up like crazy...its reminds me of the music in the bike chase sequence of the Matrix sequel. Sound fx are top notch.

Gameplay too similar and not evolving - complete bullshit 

This is the biggest bullshit I've heard from reviewers about this game. Like GTA4 is the exact same game to me asGFTA3, with same driving missions, same framerate and control problems and same ultimate sandbox gameplay and it gets a 10 from everyone. While everyone seems to be ripping in to this game for being "more of the same". This game doesn't re-invent the wheel with gameplay...but its definetly fine tuned to a point where it makes other games like this (such as DMC or god of war) look like try hard-wannabies. Those games have more style but much less substance. The gameplay is perfect for veterans and great for people starting the series (on easy). 2 played online deathmatch would have been amazing...but thats something that we may get in DLC later maybe.

In any case, this is the leading candidate for game of the year for me...and MGS4 better be amazing when it comes out in 2 weeks as this is the one to beat in my books.

Around the Network

Now i might consider buying it. Also i like that they lower the level of difficulty.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

@mrketchup33
If you are new to the series...start the game on easy and you'll have the most fun you've had since Super Nintendo.

This game has more in common with games like contra and golden axe than newer "open world" games. One path, twitch gameplay, lots of action, great challenege...

Is Ninja Gaiden 2 a better game than Devil May Cry 4?

Brother, I was always getting it on day 1 anyway. Playing it for only 4 hours will get you a lot of trolls but I mean, it's ninja gaiden. There is no way in hell it's not gonna be fantastic to fans of the series, genre, or gaming in general.

Complaining that games are cheap reminds me of housedogs that have grown up a little to civilized. I'm still a wild dog at heart, and half of my fun is doing things the house-dogs can't.

Shinobi for PS2
Ninja Gaiden 2 for 360

Things a housedog can't do.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

@ZenfoldorVGI

LOL. Thats the best analogy ive heard in years. Still NG tends to be savage...even for wild dogs. I actually started playing on easy as I didn't want to start dying right away. However i quickly changed to default mode.

@Rock_on_2008
I would say its better than DMC4 but thats subjective. DMC4 is nothing to frown upon...great game as well.

If you're right, I will own two unfairly reviewed games - this one (pre ordered since yesterday) and MK:Wii.

Reviewers are overrated, I much prefer peer reviews like this one.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
If you're right, I will own two unfairly reviewed games - this one (pre ordered since yesterday) and MK:Wii.

Or maybe you just like games that aren't as widely loved as you would believe. I thought that STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl was one of the best games I've played in a while, but it has an 82 on metacritic. Unfairly reviewed? No. Just different tastes.

OT:  I am jealous.  Ninja Gaiden 1 is one of the best action games I've ever played.  Sad that I probably won't be able to play the second.

When I say "unfairly reviewed" I'm not just talking about the score. Reviewers often misportray basic things about the game, giving you the wrong idea.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

bobobologna said:
NJ5 said:

Or maybe you just like games that aren't as widely loved as you would believe. I thought that STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl was one of the best games I've played in a while, but it has an 82 on metacritic. Unfairly reviewed? No. Just different tastes.

OT: I am jealous. Ninja Gaiden 1 is one of the best action games I've ever played. Sad that I probably won't be able to play the second.

Stalker was a great game but its reviews were justified. Firstly it was delayed for years on end and when it finally got released it was nowhere near as open-ended as the developers said it was going to be. They said it'd be this masiively open world and after you leave the bunker the first thing you see if a fence you can't go past. It had amazing atmosphere though.