By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii reaping the rewards?

CAL4M1TY said:
I think it's the opposite, 3rd party dev's are still holding back.

Madworld - Looks like another NMH: Style over substance

The Conduit - Sounds like what happens when master chief has a baby with samus = Halo with Prime 3 Controls

Fatal Frame - I've never been a fan of the series, so I can't comment

Force unleashed - Probably the biggest non-nintendo title I'm looking forward to, this game is going to be fantastic (or at least I hope so).

Aside from the force unleashed and fatal frame (that I can't comment on), I'm highly sceptical of the other two games. I think conduit will be better than madworld but by how much is still up for debate.

mad world is being made by ex-clover staff who made okami and conduit devs have never made decent game with that said mad world has better chance of being good game then conduit

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

I think most people in these kind of topics are just a bit bitter.

Will the Wii become the PS2? I doubt it, it is just too different. When I say "become" I don't mean in terms of sales, because I believe it will be close to PS2 numbers. However having said this, it is interesting for people to compare the Wii with the PS2. At least it seems people have accepted the fact that the Wii will dominate this generation, albeit not as good as the PS2. That is a pretty decent comeback for Nintendo.

Now on topic, I should say that no not yet. It is still not that far ahead to actually persuade developers to make quality titles for it. Yes it is receiving some decent games (much more than people like to say) and it will get better. Is it at the turning point yet? I am guessing not. It probably will be another year until it reaches that point, if sales continue as it has.

Pointing out games and saying you don't like them or that they are a baby of Master Chief and Samus (whatever you mean by that) does not mean that the Wii is not getting games.

I think the Wii is getting enough non nintendo support to ensure sales stay the way they are and there seems to be a divide in terms of third parties. The bigger are cautiously throwing new kinds of titles to the mix seeing what sticks and to me personally Capcom and EA have emerged as my favourites in that order.

at the same time there seems to be an influx of smaller devs really jumping at the chance to make a name for themselves on the Wii and it's these that excite me the most as i've vowed to support Majestico as although they are releasing Cooking Mama titles Balstworks just looks amazing, High Voltage are looking to really make it big on the Wii with their own engines, creative Wii Ware titles and of course The Conduit.

Jet Black studios (http://www.jetblackgames.com/news1.html) is a classic example of one of these new smaller studios as they were only formed April 2007 and are currently working on their Jet Black engine for both Wii and Ds development so looking forward to hearing from them in 08 sometime.

On top of this who else can name a platform that has had as many PC point and click ports already as in Agatha Cristie, Sam and Max, Secret Files Tsungasi (all beit hardly belters but this is a trend i'd like to continue).

To finish my rant - this gen is gonna create a lot of new household dev names and the big ubis etc will learn this gen isn't just about them.

If anything, the large the developer, the larger the inertia it possesses. Nintendo has managed to pull many small developers to the boat. As for the larger ones, they are much harder to win over, but it's only a matter of time.

But still, if a game is good, you'll enjoy it no matter who made it, right?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

The wii will be the new ds , but bigger because it's a home console. The ps2 had support from the beginning the wii and ds earned/and will earn their support over many years.

Around the Network

I'm looking forward to a lot of good 3rd party games no one mentions, at least I think they're going to be good:

-de Blob
-SimCity
-Skate It
-RRR 3 (sorry I just love but control)
-Lego Indy/Batman
-FIFA 09
-PES 09
-Z&W2 (I think it will come in time)
-Sonic Unleashed

this plus Nintendo games will keep me busy for another year!

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2