By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boycott the Boycott

Don't do it. We've suffered enough.

Around the Network

i got a comic! give me a sec to put it up

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

the first "I blame Ubisoft" comic

This is turning into a Monty Python sketch. All we need now is somebody protesting that they are sick and tired of being told how sick and tired people are of being told they're sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

loadedstatement said:
So im boycotting all of this 'Boycott Ubisoft' nonsense for a couple reasons. One being I have contacts who work very hard for Ubisoft and I respect that they are doing their best. Secondly, even if it is true that they are making sub-par games on the Wii, having all of these boycott threads are just clogging up the forums with posts Ubisoft will likely never consider. You won't see them release a statement tomorrow saying "Because of the uprising at VGChartz.com, we have decided to pour all our manpower into the Wii". Its ok to boycott, but keep it one thread! I for one though, am boycotting the boycott. I don't think that kind of negativity gets us anywhere. Anyone who agrees, let your opinion be heard!

As I understand it, the outpouring of bitterness runs across most of the internet Wii community. Nasty threads are popping up and growing large at gonintendo.com, NeoGAF, Kotaku, and probably everywhere else Nintendo fans gather online.

Making shovelware or casual games is one thing, pissing off the core customer is something else. It's generally a bad idea to piss off any potential customer, even worse is pissing off customers who hang around game stores and shoo people away from your product.

This whole thing is a big PR blunder. There are a lot of things Ubisoft might have done to at least soften this outrage. A response from an actual representative with some hints promising more info at a later date (E3 would be good), higher-quality casual announcements (people are pissed off at Dogz, not RRR3), better assurances that the new PoP spinoff will be a serious effort. Instead, their potential customers have an image of Miyamoto looking horrified and the ramblings of a forum manager.

Ubisoft is simply reaping the reward of their PR incompetance.

Edit: Awesome comic, Snow.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Something to make a picture for.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

This is something to get riled up about...

(Edit: You'll notice Cows, doesn't and in a Z.  I am not changing it, so we will say it is a THQ knock off.)

thanks famousringo, hahahahahah @ stevens pic!

Thank you.

steven787 said:

Something to make a picture for.

xD I love the pictures. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!