By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 90 minute cut scenes/install size discussed on X-Play

Cobertnation said:
Thank God someone else notices the bias that X-play shows daily.

I will agree that the topical coverage and philopshy of Xplay is now very biased to their core audiance -- the HD console owners.Ironically, they were in the bag for the Wii when it first came out. They gave DragonBall Z on the Wii the award for best fighter of 2006.However, something happened after that.  

Still, I don't notice the reviews being that much out of place -- games tend to get the right review rankings on there (5 stars for SMG, NMH, 4 for Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit, etc.). Also, if you know the Xplay scale, it tends to be logrithmatic rather than a straight artithmatic score -- and they have critieria for issuing their stars which they let people know.

Mike from Morgantown 

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Am i the only one that cant wait to see a 90 minute cut scene? I mean if you think about it, the game is $60, so you get game play, plus its also like a free movie IF the 90 minute scene is true. So what's the big deal? DO people not count storyline as a factor in games anymore? (Looking at you GTA IV)

I think 90m is on the excessive side. AFAIK it was a debunked but I guess I'll see for myself pretty soon.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

installs, long cutscenes...these are the most unmasculine complaints ever.

Magnific0 said:
installs, long cutscenes...these are the gayest complainst ever.

Er?

Not all of us want to watch two feature films amidst a video game playing session.

BTW, watch the use of "gay". Completely against forum rules. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
  not everybody lives with momma and has no job like you man, ppl got things to do not watch 90 min cutscences nd install a game of1\5 their hard drive 

ChuckG16 said:
Magnific0 said:
not everybody lives with momma and has no job like you man, ppl got things to do not watch 90 min cutscences nd install a game of15 their hard drive

If no one has time to watch a 90 minute cut scene and install a game, then why buy PC games? Why buy a game at all? You spend more time on a game than 90 minutes.

NFGBlinkAC said:
ChuckG16 said:
Magnific0 said:
not everybody lives with momma and has no job like you man, ppl got things to do not watch 90 min cutscences nd install a game of15 their hard drive

If no one has time to watch a 90 minute cut scene and install a game, then why buy PC games? Why buy a game at all? I mean, you spend more time on a game than 90 minutes.

Bolded for obvious reasons.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

so i ended up catching this episode today....the focus was about reveiwers and reviewing rather than about mgs4. they talked about reviewing restrictions by konami and not about how awful the game is. it wasnt the whole episode either. So those who were crying about how evil and mean the show is, can be quiet.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

After reading a bit, I'm going to operate under the assumption that the 90 minute cutscene thing is an exaggeration at best. I'm sure they'll be long... but 90 minutes long?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka