By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If you really want to protest Ubisoft

Nice joke, but I'd like it if people stopped assuming the boycott is meaningless. Ubi doesn't make only shovelware, and they make software for many platforms. Giving them my money would be a tough pill to swallow right now, hence the boycott.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

It's cheaper to send this, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8569

For $2.88 and free shipping.

I got an international credit card, all I need is a tutorial (and maybe some english to french translating software).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Ubisoft: Casual audience is demanding more

The executive producer of Ubisoft's Games For Everyone range Pauline Jacquey has told CasualGaming.biz that young casual gamers are becoming more demanding – and pushing up the time and finance required for game development.

Speaking in an interview to be published exclusively on the site later this week, Jacquey said:

“When you’re reaching out to somebody who plays one or two games a year, it’s very easy. You don’t need to follow the rules of previous markets. But as they play more and competitors emerge, you have to rethink the way you do the games. The casual audience is becoming more demanding, for sure, and we need to make sure we’re proving more than what they’re anticipating.”

Wut? Ubi strikes again!

Well done TC you are a very good man/

I was thinking of printing up some stickers with "beware this game is shovelware and you as a consumer are being taken advantage of, etc" or something along those lines. Then when Im looking at games at the shops, I would discretely but these stickers on ubisoft shovelware games.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network
fkusumot said:

Ubisoft: Casual audience is demanding more

The executive producer of Ubisoft's Games For Everyone range Pauline Jacquey has told CasualGaming.biz that young casual gamers are becoming more demanding – and pushing up the time and finance required for game development.

Speaking in an interview to be published exclusively on the site later this week, Jacquey said:

“When you’re reaching out to somebody who plays one or two games a year, it’s very easy. You don’t need to follow the rules of previous markets. But as they play more and competitors emerge, you have to rethink the way you do the games. The casual audience is becoming more demanding, for sure, and we need to make sure we’re proving more than what they’re anticipating.”

Wut? Ubi strikes again!

LOL. Ubi learned from Sony (previously). They don't know when to shut up.

kingofwale said:
naznatips said:
kingofwale said:
Could've donated all that money to any of AIDS fighting group in African.

Instead of seeing those package getting thrown out, you can actually save a life or two. But hey, your money. :)

You could have donated that $600 you spent on that PS3 and fed a whole lot more starving children. People spend money for a variety of things. Spending it on a joke is certainly a valid one.

Somehow I don't believe me spending money on my own enjoyment, vs spending things that is FOR SURE to thrown out... aren't quite the same.

All I'm saying is, opportunity cost of that is 0 with the stun, could've spent on a more worthy cause. 

I don't want to derail this thread, but I've read articles--one with an interview with an African politician--which essentially show that sending food, money, clothes and general aid to Africa is the single biggest problem with the continent.  It completely destroys  their economies, removes the need for jobs for citizens, and generally doesn't help a single thing.  Sending aid to Africa means you're actually part of the problem--and none of the aid ever goes to the people that need it anyway as it's either hoarded by crooked leaders or stolen by warlords and used for more devious purposes.

[/derailment]

Sending a plastic shovel to Ubisoft with that message was a good idea.  I hope it's true.