By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anecdotal: Microsoft low on Xbox 360 coffins

Out of the 5 people I know with 360s 3 have replaced them at least once, and none of them were launch systems either so don't give me that BS about it only being a launch system issue. I refuse to buy a product that I constantly have to have repaired. I was pissed enough about having to buy 3 PS2s, but at the rate 360s are dying I would likely have to have it fixed 6 times. They just don't make game systems like they used to. My old NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, Gameboy, Game Gear, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and Gamecube all still work (I sold my PSone for PS2 money, but it worked the entire time I owned it as well). I had to replace 2 PS2s, I'm never going to buy a system like the 360 that I may need to replace even MORE often than that.

Around the Network

Out of the 1 people I know with a 360, I dont speak to him anymore. Because he has a 360. Therefore, I dont know anything about my former acquantaince's 360. However, I would assume he has replaced it 3 times. However, he is still sticking with it. But, he is very upset with Microsoft.

My co-worker, the only person I know with a 360 has replaced his twice, the first time with the extra extended warranty and the second time for a repair cost of like 100$ or something. Considering its been so short a time, I find that very discouraging. The only console I've ever bought that broke was my NES, and it just stopped working completely a few years ago after a long 20 year life.

LMFAO that was priceless.

Aint the Eu looking into the 360 problems, maybe they can force them to recall their defective product.

Most x360 that i've seen dying (youtube) are lying down instead of the veritical position. Could it be that you cover the exhaust fans that way, thus overheating the system? Or do x360 die straight up too?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"