By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamespot- guitar hero metallica coming quarter 1 '09.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I'm VERY happy. I love Metallica, and have been preaching a Metallica or Guns n Roses guitar hero from day one.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

This!!!  I would pay double.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Around the Network
Godot said:
Personally, I would never buy anything associated with the name Metallica because of what they did to Napster. I wonder if they create a "relive the career of Metallica", will that reflect the time they stopped being a great band before becoming a bunch of commercial sellouts.

By the way, you're free to ignore my whining. It's just my opinion and I understand people are interested in the game.

My thoughts on the subject are as follows.

I don't care if Elton John is gay, Micheal Jackson molests kids, or if Metallica ruined song stealing for America.

As long as their songs rock(of which metallica has some of the best songs ever recorded imo, and continue to be the most downloaded DLC for Rockband, like they were the most downloaded artists on Napster), then what they do in their off hours doesn't affect my enjoyment of their music.

It's like me not buying a DS because Nintendo isn't enviromentally friendly. Yeah, not gonna matter to me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I love this news. Another music game to rent. Battle of the Bands was a fun rental. GH Aerosmith up next.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

They should do the actual sets from their concerts. The crumbling statue from the justice tour, or the Load tour where everything goes to hell and that dude runs out on fire. Will they have a problem getting Jason Newsted in this game? And they have to have Cliff Burton.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Godot said:
Personally, I would never buy anything associated with the name Metallica because of what they did to Napster. I wonder if they create a "relive the career of Metallica", will that reflect the time they stopped being a great band before becoming a bunch of commercial sellouts.

By the way, you're free to ignore my whining. It's just my opinion and I understand people are interested in the game.

I don't care if Elton John is gay, Micheal Jackson molests kids, or if Metallica ruined song stealing for America.

As long as their songs rock(of which metallica has some of the best songs ever recorded imo, and continue to be the most downloaded DLC for Rockband, like they were the most downloaded artists on Napster), then what they do in their off hours doesn't affect my enjoyment of their music.

It's like me not buying a DS because Nintendo isn't enviromentally friendly. Yeah, not gonna matter to me.

Point taken, but there's no reason to bring Elton John into this, since unlike molesting kids or fucking over the people who made you rich and famous by trading your FREE music, being gay isn't like... evil.

I'll be the first to admit Elton John is a total dooshbag, mainly because he's always hated David Bowie and said Bowie wished he was a girl when Bowie said he was gay in 1972, because he (Elton) was in the closet and thought coming out would ruin his career and was jealous that it boosted Bowie's career, and then when Elton finally came out it actually hurt his career for a bit in the 80's when it was cool to hate gays again when the big backlash against gay rights kicked in.  That aside, I think he's a jealous prick who was guilty of bad timing and some dooshy namecalling, BUT... I still love his music.  Being flaming as hell shouldn't really affect any value judgments on the bastard.

Oh, and on topic, I think it's a smarter move to keep releasing expansions like this, since the majority of console owners don't even have their consoles online, so DLC can only reach a minority of your target audience.  I just wish they'd release one I like.

Around the Network

Some have said, that they are making too many Guitar Hero games, too fast.

I say: they aren't making them fast enough! I want MORE! :D I NEED more! Yeah...I'm a bit...hooked.

azrm2k said:
Just to clarify we get

Guitar Hero III - 10/07

Guitar Hero Aerosmith - 06/08

Guitar Hero World Tour - 10/08 (considered GH4, next in main series)

Guitar Hero Metallica - Q1 09

That'll be 4 fully priced games (Aerosmith/Metallica are considered spinoffs but will probably cost full price like Rock the 80s) in around 15 months! Talk about whoring out a franchise. And it would be pretty foolish not to assume with that strategy that GH5 will be out 10/09. At this rate GH13 will be released before FF13....

I guess it's good news for fans of Metallica but personally I think i'll stick with Rock Band. The massive DLC means they'll put out a similar quantity of music if not more when all is said and done but I can pick and choose which songs to grab.

The only problem I forsee is that when GH:Aerosmith was announced it came out that they signed an exclusive deal with Activision barring any further Aerosmith songs on Rock Band (until the deal expires at least). If Activision does this with Metallica and more bands it's gonna suck.

Don't forget about On Tour for the DS.

This series got whored out pretty fast. At this rate, it's going to become irrelevant just as quickly.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The Ghost of RubangB said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Godot said:

Point taken, but there's no reason to bring Elton John into this, since unlike molesting kids or fucking over the people who made you rich and famous by trading your FREE music, being gay isn't like... evil.

I'll be the first to admit Elton John is a total dooshbag, mainly because he's always hated David Bowie and said Bowie wished he was a girl when Bowie said he was gay in 1972, because he (Elton) was in the closet and thought coming out would ruin his career and was jealous that it boosted Bowie's career, and then when Elton finally came out it actually hurt his career for a bit in the 80's when it was cool to hate gays again when the big backlash against gay rights kicked in. That aside, I think he's a jealous prick who was guilty of bad timing and some dooshy namecalling, BUT... I still love his music. Being flaming as hell shouldn't really affect any value judgments on the bastard.

Oh, and on topic, I think it's a smarter move to keep releasing expansions like this, since the majority of console owners don't even have their consoles online, so DLC can only reach a minority of your target audience. I just wish they'd release one I like.

You're precisely right. I shouldn't have brought Elton into it. My bad. I just used him because he's one of my favorite artists, even though I don't like his politics, but it doesn't stop me from loving his music.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Yeah, I knew once they got their hands on GH they would drive it into the ground by release versions of the game that could easily be downloadable. Maybe it is for people who don't have online though. To me this is a waste of discs.

Hey guys, post your dream setlist, what songs do you want in the game?

If the game uses all the instruments and following the Aerosmith setup, I got:

Tier 1
I Ain't the One - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Stone Cold Crazy - Queen
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
For Whom the Bell Tolls - Metallica
Unforgiven - Metallica

Tier 2
Whisky in the Jar - Thin Lizzy
Last Caress - Misfits
Sad but True - Metallica
Until it Sleeps - Metallica
Hit the Lights - Metallica

Tier 3
Highway to Hell - ACDC
Snowblind - Black Sabbath
Sanitarium - Metallica
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Hero of the day - Metallica

Tier 4
Overkill - Motorhead
Caught in a Mosh - Anthrax
Fade to Black - Metallica
Fuel - Metallica
King Nothing - Metallica

Tier 5
Blitzkrieg - Blitzkrieg
It's Electric - Diamond Head
Frantic - Metallica
Seek & Destroy - Metallica
Memory Remains - Metallica

Tier 6
The Wait - Killing Joke
Angel of Death - Slayer
St. Anger - Metallica
Creeping Death - Metallica
Blackened - Metallica

Tier 7
You Can't Bring Me Down - Suicidal Tendencies
Peace Sells - Megadeth
Death Magnetic Single - Metallica
Battery - Metallica
Whiplash - Metallica

Tier 8
2 Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden
Curse Of The Pharaohs - Mercyful Fate
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Dyers Eve - Metallica
...And Justice for All - Metallica

Bonus Songs I'd like to see:

Motorbreath
The Four Horsemen
Fight Fire with Fire
Escape
Disposable Heroes
Damage, Inc.
Eye of the Beholder
Harvester of Sorrow
Wherever I May Roam
The God that Failed
Thorn Within
The Outlaw Torn
Carpe Diem Baby
Bad Seed
The Unnamed Feeling
Some Kind of Monster
No Leaf Clover
So What? (not gonna happen though)
I Disappear

Throw in some boss battles with all the members and you got a pretty sweet game.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980