By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should time be called on public drinking?

Retrasado said:
tombi123 said:
They should lower the drinking age from 18 to 16 in pubs and restaurants, but keep the age for buying alcohol in shops to 18.

This way 16 and 17 year olds will go to the pub to drink. This means they will be in a safe environment and they will learn to drink responsibly.

Lower it from 18 to 16? In the U.S., you can't by alcohol period until you're 21 and imo, that's a good thing. Kids shouldn't be drinking. (Heck, most people shouldn't be drinking as much as they do. a few drinks now and then might be ok, but too many people let it control their lives imo)

Would it make a difference if people would lower the age-limit? Most teens are drinking already, both in the US and in the UK well before their 18th. I hate doing research but, uhm.. wasn't Lohan consitently photographed pissed-out well before her 18th? If a celebrity can get away with it, don't you think that the youth cannot sneak a few bottles through? You know it happens. And the worst part? It's done covertly, with no one observing.

I'd say lower the limit, but prohibit drinking outside of homes and pubs etc. That way you have guidance in the form of parents and barkeepers and from what I see here in the Netherlands (legal drinking age: 16) no bigger problems then any other country has.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

@retrasado

Personally I think that the U.S alcohol age limit of 21 is an infringement of human rights :D