Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
Wii owners sure are a whiny bunch. So what if Ubi doesn't have any games for your console? Why do people care so damned much? Is there some sort of legal obligation forcing all developers to make games for the Wii that I'm missing here?

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7839&Itemid=2

Then don't release ANY games if you don't care about supporting the console with good games.

So the CEO is a lying douchebag? That's your complaint?

If that's your barometer for liking or disliking a company, your list of boycotted companies must be about two miles long.

No most developers that don't want to support the wii come out and say it. Ubisoft lies and then says it ok you get this game. Not to mention that ubisoft was the first to support the wii and made two decent games for it and a good port. Now they ignore it and release shovelware?

So what? There are plenty of companies whose games I don't buy.

Seriously, the people on this forum sound like petulant children who just had their favorite lollipop taken away from them.

And you could say the same for sony and microsoft fanboys. Sony fanboys complained about capcom, and even made a petition to have dmc4 an exclusive. I'm sure microsoft fanboys have something, but they get the most support so I don't really expect them to complain.

So you're voluntarily lumping yourself in with morons.

Right on. 

NO I'm just saying you will see people who go over the top everywhere. Maybe we don't want to support ubisoft so they could release good games on the other consoles. People boycott companies all of the time. It's not like it's something new.

Around the Network
jlauro said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
Wii owners sure are a whiny bunch. So what if Ubi doesn't have any games for your console? Why do people care so damned much? Is there some sort of legal obligation forcing all developers to make games for the Wii that I'm missing here?

Then don't release ANY games if you don't care about supporting the console with good games.

If that's your barometer for liking or disliking a company, your list of boycotted companies must be about two miles long.

No most developers that don't want to support the wii come out and say it. Ubisoft lies and then says it ok you get this game. Not to mention that ubisoft was the first to support the wii and made two decent games for it and a good port. Now they ignore it and release shovelware?

This probably isn't the case...  but there is a chance that they are under contract to not announce much until after E3.  Nintendo doesn't like to have too many games announced way in advance, so many of the good ones we know about are because they are multi-platform.

I'll wait to see what E3 brings us before agreeing that they lie.

Is ubisoft even gunna be at E3 this year I know activision said th wont and a few others. Also since when can nintendo tell a devloper when they can anounce a game? 

sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

Seriously, the people on this forum sound like petulant children who just had their favorite lollipop taken away from them.

And you could say the same for sony and microsoft fanboys. Sony fanboys complained about capcom, and even made a petition to have dmc4 an exclusive. I'm sure microsoft fanboys have something, but they get the most support so I don't really expect them to complain.

Right on.

NO I'm just saying you will see people who go over the top everywhere. Maybe we don't want to support ubisoft so they could release good games on the other consoles. People boycott companies all of the time. It's not like it's something new.

So you're advocating over-the-top behavior and enjoy boycotting companies that don't make products that cater to your tastes.

In other breaking news, I'm boycotting the entire woodchipper industry. Expect the entire market to collapse in on itself any day now, even though I've never owned a woodchipper, never had any plans to buy one, and I live in an apartment with no yard and no trees.

Don't you people realize how ridiculous this is and how bloody annoying you sound right now?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@Grimygunz: You don't seem too intelligent at all. First of all, Red Steel was bought because of the hype it got before it was launched, and because it was a LAUNCH title, there wasn't much to play on the Wii at that time.

Second: NMH was developed by a team who has developed good games, but none of them sold at least 1/3 of NMH. NMH is considered to be succesful by them, in fact their first success, after Killer7 sold TERRIBLY BAD on a userbase of 100 million (at the time).

@Rocketpig: Ubisoft made promises to their old followers, a lot of them from the GC, they promised good games or at least QUALITY games, they have to be ashamed after saying we would see SMG or MP3 like quality from them, ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.
I couldn't care less if they decided not to develop for the Wii anymore, but lie to us like that?
Did you ever see the examples of games he gave? Driver(Terrible port), PoP(Quick cash in) and Red Steel (Bad game that sold well cause it was a launch title).

@All haters: I think the people who call us whiners are the little kiddos in the end, that can't stand Wii gamers get some good games, or you just bitch for no reason since WE DO HAVE A REASON to show our disgust, you don't.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

Right on.

Usually people boycott companies for something rational, like dead babies in a 3rd world country, sweat shops, or monopolistic tendencies.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

^^ ^^

This is gold. Really guys, I'm a Wii owner and I'm getting sick of this Ubisoft boycott crap.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The wood chipper comment was gold to clarify.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

So you believe we should go buy these crappy games? Because what we are doing by saying boycott is saying we won't buy their games unless they give us quality.

rocketpig said:

Wii users are so used to success and the glory of their beloved console that if a developer doesnt put their full effort into creating games for it they start crying and holding each other tightly

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

trestres said:
@Grimygunz: You don't seem too intelligent at all. First of all, Red Steel was bought because of the hype it got before it was launched, and because it was a LAUNCH title, there wasn't much to play on the Wii at that time.

Second: NMH was developed by a team who has developed good games, but none of them sold at least 1/3 of NMH. NMH is considered to be succesful by them, in fact their first success, after Killer7 sold TERRIBLY BAD on a userbase of 100 million (at the time).

@Rocketpig: Ubisoft made promises to their old followers, a lot of them from the GC, they promised good games or at least QUALITY games, they have to be ashamed after saying we would see SMG or MP3 like quality from them, ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.
I couldn't care less if they decided not to develop for the Wii anymore, but lie to us like that?
Did you ever see the examples of games he gave? Driver(Terrible port), PoP(Quick cash in) and Red Steel (Bad game that sold well cause it was a launch title).

@All haters: I think the people who call us whiners are the little kiddos in the end, that can't stand Wii gamers get some good games, or you just bitch for no reason since WE DO HAVE A REASON to show our disgust, you don't.

Still, you're boycotting a company for a dumb reason and most importantly, you're boycotting nothing. Empty air. Promises. Blank DVDs.

Bolded:

No, we're not the little kiddos here. We're not the ones kicking, screaming, and whining over a minor infraction from a third party developer.

And again, you're boycotting nothing. The irony of these threads is killing me. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/