By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

All I want to know is if they have anything interesting in store for the Wii... If they clarify their position and it turns out their promises for 2008 were true, they're off the hook as far as I'm concerned.

It won't be easy though, since they said they had 400-500 people working on Wii projects, and would achieve Nintendo-like quality. OK, I can forget the latter part as that's almost impossible, but 400-500 people would allow us to see awesome and big games.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I picked up Prince of Persia recently (awhile after I noticed it's only $20 now), and like it. The controls are fairly good, especially how they put in the camera control. I think some people hate on this game without ever trying it.  You could call RE 4 for the wii a quick and dirty port, but it doesn't get as much hate.

sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
Wii owners sure are a whiny bunch. So what if Ubi doesn't have any games for your console? Why do people care so damned much? Is there some sort of legal obligation forcing all developers to make games for the Wii that I'm missing here?

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7839&Itemid=2

Then don't release ANY games if you don't care about supporting the console with good games.

So the CEO is a lying douchebag? That's your complaint?

If that's your barometer for liking or disliking a company, your list of boycotted companies must be about two miles long.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It looks like a good game though - but seems kind of hollow. Dogz Wii,

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

ferret1603 said:
Ubisoft has teams devoted to making Wii titles of a wide variety, both party games such as the Raving Rabbids series as well as more traditional titles such as past Driver, Red Steel and Prince of Persia games that still take advantage of the unique control system. If you feel any of these titles are not up to scratch then these forums are absolutely the place to pass that feedback on, ideally in the specific game forum.

All I can say is they have until E3 is over to come up with some announcements, or no one is going to beleive the claim about teams...

Around the Network

BOYCOTT UBISOFT!

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

jlauro said:
I picked up Prince of Persia recently (awhile after I noticed it's only $20 now), and like it. The controls are fairly good, especially how they put in the camera control. I think some people hate on this game without ever trying it.  You could call RE 4 for the wii a quick and dirty port, but it doesn't get as much hate.

The Wii version of Prince of Persia is really good actually. The motion controls make the game very tactile. I plan on boycotting all of Ubisoft's bad games released on the Wii. If Red Steel 2 is good I'll buy it. If it sucks, then I won't. That's how to send a message to a company if you want to. Boycotting them completely makes them leave and last time I looked the Wii hasn't had the greatest third party support. Some of the best selling third party games for the Wii are Red Steel and the RRR games. I'm not going to buy Petz and I'm sure you won't either.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
rocketpig said:
Wii fans sure are a whiny bunch. So what if Ubi doesn't have any games for your console? Why do people care so damned much? Is there some sort of legal obligation to develop for the Wii that I'm missing here?

Well, Ubisoft pretty much used to make everything multiplatform, so it's odd that they don't do it anymore. The Gamecube got ports of most of their games, even though they sold the least copies on that platform.

It would be understandable for a multiplatform publisher like Ubisoft to ignore a platform selling like the Gamecube, but the Wii is the fastest selling system in history.

There's also their broken promise that they would aim for Nintendo like quality with their upcoming Wii games.

That's why I boycott beer.

I can understand disappointment. I can even understand a bit of complaining.

But a boycott on a company that isn't making games for your system? Exactly WTF are people boycotting here? Air? Empty DVD cases?

That's just cork-on-the-fork stupid, man.

rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
Wii owners sure are a whiny bunch. So what if Ubi doesn't have any games for your console? Why do people care so damned much? Is there some sort of legal obligation forcing all developers to make games for the Wii that I'm missing here?

Then don't release ANY games if you don't care about supporting the console with good games.

If that's your barometer for liking or disliking a company, your list of boycotted companies must be about two miles long.

No most developers that don't want to support the wii come out and say it. Ubisoft lies and then says it ok you get this game. Not to mention that ubisoft was the first to support the wii and made two decent games for it and a good port. Now they ignore it and release shovelware?

sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

No most developers that don't want to support the wii come out and say it. Ubisoft lies and then says it ok you get this game. Not to mention that ubisoft was the first to support the wii and made two decent games for it and a good port. Now they ignore it and release shovelware?

So what? There are plenty of companies whose games I don't buy.

Seriously, the people on this forum sound like petulant children who just had their favorite lollipop taken away from them.