By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unity Game Engine announced...

LOL any real games developed with that?

a cross engine for cell phones, PC, web games and consoles sounds like a disaster waiting to happen
The web site has Global Conflicts: Palestine as biggest game. Everyone heard about it? No? Me neither.

Around the Network
yushire said:

Its a alpha stage engine, just look at the floors, even with a decent PC theres no realistic floors such as that, Im talking about the texture BTW. Have you seen the goldsrc engine? Or the engine made in PS2 games? The lighting, the background, etc... Seem the developer of this engine should work more but even with the alpha stages they can surely achieve good graphics.

I realize that it is not that amazing, I just think you're being remarkably hard on a company who's main focus seems to be providing a low cost engine to small developers; certainly, developers could choose an open source engine, or the torque engine, and (potentially) get better visuals but would be left with porting it and getting decent performance out of it.

^ So what do you mean? Do you mean that this engine will never be improved?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

WiiWare developers....this is your engine.

Yushire, don't talk technical. Alpha stages? Huh?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

^^^
@viper1

Sorry, I thought this engine was meant to be a retail game engine and its only in alpha stages which means its not that done yet thats why the graphics isnt that good yet.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

Lets hope its not a engine to get shovelware out the door even faster.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

For a graphics engine that meant to be in a cellphone and flash game its actually good though...

Sorry to misunderstand whats the thread is all about

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
^^^
@viper1

Sorry, I thought this engine was meant to be a retail game engine and its only in alpha stages which means its not that done yet thats why the graphics isnt that good yet.

The game engine is complete.  An alpha stage is a development cycle for a game, not a game engine itself.

The range of graphics ayou are seeing come from actual game or development projects from cell phones, web browsers and CAD renderings.  No actual Wii game screens were displayed on their web site or here.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

It's about damn time they started making engines focussing around the controller. This could be great to watch!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Viper1 said:
yushire said:
^^^
@viper1

The game engine is complete. An alpha stage is a development cycle for a game, not a game engine itself.

The range of graphics ayou are seeing come from actual game or development projects from cell phones, web browsers and CAD renderings. No actual Wii game screens were displayed on their web site or here.

OK THANKS, Im too overwhelmed by games on the Wii that have crappy graphics I dont even know what graphics that was meant to be in a cellphone and whats meant to be in home consoles.

Anyway, I think in reading the article Unity was supposed to be the Wiimote's optimization and not the graphics engine instead. The title thread is misleading...

E3 2010- Tape runs out