By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 master format my ass

I tried to wipe my PS3 so I could start fresh with a new username etc etc, so I formated it, everything is gone except my god damn ****ing PSN ID, it still signs my ass in, and it still has me click on 'Jason' upon starting the PS3 up, WTF, I just want to wipe out EVERYTHING that includes my freaking username online crap AND the PS3 start up user settings, anyone know how?

Around the Network

Create a new user account and delete the old one.

Euhm just create a new user account and never open the other one anymore :).

Aj_habfan said:

But how do I delete the old one?

Or is it like Gran Turismo? (For example I have to make a new account in order to delete the old one, ie: you can't sell the only car you have).

Your firmware and system settings are actually saved on a bit of flash memory separate from the HDD. Reformatting will not effect these things.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:

exactly,,,you didn't have to do all that to change your PSN ID,,,,

make another acount ,,in there open a new PSN id,,,then delet the other account 

ArtofAngels said:
Aj_habfan said:

But how do I delete the old one?

Or is it like Gran Turismo? (For example I have to make a new account in order to delete the old one, ie: you can't sell the only car you have).

You push triangle on it and choose delete...

If that is what you asking?

christ...why did you have to format the damn thing for? Just create a new account with a different email address, geeez.

ArtofAngels said:
I tried to wipe my PS3 so I could start fresh with a new username etc etc, so I formated it, everything is gone except my god damn ****ing PSN ID, it still signs my ass in, and it still has me click on 'Jason' upon starting the PS3 up, WTF, I just want to wipe out EVERYTHING that includes my freaking username online crap AND the PS3 start up user settings, anyone know how?
I dont see how you came to the conclusion that wiping your PS3 would some how magically make your PSN ID disappear for good....

So you made an entire topic claiming the PS3 is the cause of your issues and it turns out you are the weakest link by simply not checking the manual for a second?

Why would you want to delete your account anyway....

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979