By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA4 off the top in Germany and Sweden!

FishyJoe said:

Looks like Spain is becoming the next front of Nintendomination

(...) 

Do you remember the time when everyone thought that Spain was 100% Sony land? When GfK/Chart Track data became more available, that myth was quickly forgotten... From what I remember, the only country which really is Sony land and where Nintendo didn't take off is New Zealand (unless MS is also having success there, I can't remember now).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I think Italy is still mostly Sony dominated, but who knows. Maybe they will turn someday as Spain has.

FishyJoe said:
I think Italy is still mostly Sony dominated, but who knows. Maybe they will turn someday as Spain has.

Not really, check out some charts here.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well bad on me for listening to Diomedes ramblings!

@PS360ForTheWin:
All this is already known. Chart for both Germany and Sweden were posted in PAL chart thread few days ago:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=27740

@Fishy: I think that Sony strongest market is NZ (mostly dominated by PS2, PS3/360 ratio there is similar to other PAL regions).
Nintendo is quite strong in Italy, DS is doing good for long time with casual titles like Brain Training and Cooking Mama being the biggest hits. Wii sales are picking up significatnly also (72% growth in February, 90% in March and 41% in April by GFK data) and only DS sold more than Wii in April.

Around the Network

I'm from Sweden and almost every gamer I know play PC games. I'm one of the few Wii owners but most of my friends who play console games are pro Nintendo.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000