By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can you skip the cut-scenes in MGS4?

So according to the posters here, you can stop and pause... Now can you fast-forward and rewind too? It's pretty much required for movie-length "cut"-scenes, at least I'd expect to have all the features in simple DVD players.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Here is a better question? Will MGS4 have a cutscene theater like previous games. In which you can watch the cutscene whenever you want.

Once you unlock the cutscene it saves in the theater.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

XGamer0611 said:
Here is a better question? Will MGS4 have a cutscene theater like previous games. In which you can watch the cutscene whenever you want.

I dont see why this matters....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

wfz said:
Aren't the cutscenes about half (or more) of MGS games? They're almost more movies than they are games. I don't mean to be dissing them, because I enjoyed watching the MGS games on youtube. =P In fact I plan on buying Twin Snakes for the GC, I never even knew about it until now.

It does seem like you'll be missing out on A LOT if you skip the cutscenes. That's like only watching the cutscenes of Mario games and skipping the gameplay time. =P

Twin Snakes for the GC is great, a big improvement over the PSX original. One of my top 20 GC games.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Can you? Yes.

Should you? No.

Will we want to? God, I hope not. In MGS3, the cutscenes were the payoff to me. Even though the gameplay was top notch, the story was the main event. Hopefully MGS4 will follow suit.

Around the Network

@twesterm

Kojima will prove to you that a 90 min cutscene can be a masterpiece

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

colonelstubbs said:
XGamer0611 said:

Because some of us like the cutscenes, plus it might include bonus movies like Subsistence did.  Metal Gear Raiden: Snake Eraser, etc.

colonelstubbs said:
XGamer0611 said:

It matters becuase it allows you to watch the cutscene again at your own leasure. Or If you miss something watching it the first time. Especially with the length of the cutscenes.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

He's going to prove jack shit to me because I'm not going to bother with a 90 minute cut scene. 

I play games to, you know, actually play games.  I don't play them to watch a full length movie. 

twesterm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

He's going to prove jack shit to me because I'm not going to bother with a 90 minute cut scene. 

I play games to, you know, actually play games.  I don't play them to watch a full length movie. 

I've been drinking the Kojima Kool-Aid for years, Twes. I believe you WILL watch those cut scenes, and you WILL enjoy them. Call it optimism. Call it blind faith. We'll discuss how awesome they were over coffee in a few weeks, mmmkay? :P