By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can you skip the cut-scenes in MGS4?

JOKA_ said:
DMeisterJ said:
You can

And you can also pause them.

Really!? That would be a lifesaver.  I can't believe how many times I've been stuck watching MGS cut-scene and have to go to the bathroom.  Pure agony :P

Oh I thought you could pause them before ^^''.

Around the Network

You can, but considering that half of the game is comprised of cutscenes and most of the budget, creative talent and thought went into the story and cinematics you won't get much value out of this game by skipping the cutscenes.

well it's 9 hours of cutscene, 21 hours of gameplay

Some reviewers have mentioned 10-15 hours of gameplay. I think 21 hours is an overly optimistic estimate by a reviewer who admittedly spent his time unlocking and exploring everything within the game, taking his fair time observing. The average gamer will probably find a good 15 hours of gameplay.

Why skip the cutscenes? You wont understand the plot!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

I don't know why you are buying the game then, the cut scenes are the best and intriguing part.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

SpartanFX said:
well it's 9 hours of cutscene, 21 hours of gameplay

Some sources are saying its half and half arn't they?

Thats a pretty big discrepency. 

DMeisterJ said:
You can

And you can also pause them.

See, that's still not good enough.  I like cut scenes all but anything past 20 minutes of not playing a game isoverkill (and even anything past 10 minutes is still not good).

Even if I can pause the cut scene I still have to sit through it (because as others have pointed out, why play the game if you don't watch the cut scenes?).  I really don't want to start my shiny new game, get 20 minutes into a cut scene, pause it, and then come back later for another hour of cut scene.  I want to play my damn game.

There is no way to make a 90 minute cut scene good. 

The game is said to be about 1/3 cutscenes and 2/3 gameplay. I am really looking forward to the 90 minute cutscenes to be honest.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Better be able to cause I'm not sitting through 90 minutes of cutscenes. Seriously isn't that what movies are for.