By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How is Eternal Sonata?

i tried the demo and it seemed to play ok...   Whats it really like?  Is it good?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

i wish i could answer this question for you since i've has it on deck since janurary, but then DMC4 and LO came and took all my time. but i've heard its brillant, and i might go fire it up and get back to you on this

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

its a great game, the battle system is fun and the graphics are very nice. the game never tests your abilities but still over all in the end you will be glad you bought the game, the ending scene is about 45 minutes long, but i highly suggest you watch it because it ends the story for the game nicely.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

The battle system was very fun and fast paced. And since my bf could pick up the controller and fight with me it was really great.

My only pick about this game are the characters trying to be too... "deep" and "thoughtful" which made me go WTH a lot. All those "deep thoughts" can carry on a bit too far and for too long. It has it's view on humanity, life and death that can be somewhat far fetched at times.

Graphics and music are very very good. The artistic style in this game is amazing and it gets some pretty results. The music, some original and some from Chopin, are really enjoyable.

Anyways, I enjoyed this game especially for the gameplay, not the story though learning more about Chopin was quite entertaining, much better than in classes! xD

Well I wanted to post my opinion but Lolita's opinion is almost the same for me.

I just wanted to say that in my opinion Eternal Sonata is the best RPG on the X360.

Around the Network

It's gorgeous the whole way through. The music is great. It's not difficult, so if you require a challenge it may not be your cup of tea, but it's very fun. The demo gives you a good idea of what the battle system is like, although if you got used to it you'll be slightly disappointed in the beginning. There are a few "levels" to the battle system, through which the game gradually introduces you to more complexity as the story progresses. It's great in that you only learn how to use every new feature once you've mastered the previous and never feel overwhelmed by the battle system. The only downside is that you start at a lower level than the demo introduced you to.

lolita said:
My only pick about this game are the characters trying to be too... "deep" and "thoughtful" which made me go WTH a lot. All those "deep thoughts" can carry on a bit too far and for too long. It has it's view on humanity, life and death that can be somewhat far fetched at times.

Yeah. It takes the approach of lots of pseudo-philosophical games, movies, and anime I've played/watched. Other JRPGs and the ending of the second Matrix movie (the scene with the architect) come to mind as other times where a very simple philosophical concept is beaten into the ground by people talking in circles without simply saying "This has happened over and over the same way, but apparently you're different from the others," or some such thing. It does detract from the game some, but I still enjoyed it thoroughly.

its definitely worth it. The graphics are great, so pretty, thats cell shading, isnt it?

Yes, that is extremely good cell shading.

the cel-shading rivals what Level 5 does