By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you believe MGS4 will determine PS3 NA's success or final fate.

RolStoppable said:
Final-Fan said:
Onimusha12 said:
Hard to say, if it doesn't do well, Sony will keep floating with just its head above water.

If it does do well, Sony could speed up the process of passing the 360 from four years to two.
Come on, you really think that by June 2010 the PS3 might be TWO YEARS AWAY from passing the 360?
It's not a matter of what someone really thinks, it's about spreading concern.

Btw, you have to change your signature. Boycott something.
Done and done. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Success of PS3 in NA is looking slim to me now.. i don;t know why.

Noobie said:
Success of PS3 in NA is looking slim to me now.. i don;t know why.

Go touch your 360 troll

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I cant forsee a major shift in PS3 sales because of MGS4. Many of the core audience are the same guys that are defending the PS3 tooth and nail on forums, which means they already have a PS3. I don't think that anything but a large price drop can make a lasting increase on sales for the system. If you need proof of this, take a look at the brief surge from GTA4, which has come and gone in a matter of weeks.

Just 2 weeks more. =)
The gaming will change. =]
PS3 will dominate.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Psst! pssst! Pssst!

Here's a secret, one game doesn't make or break a console.

But man I can't wait for MH3 to come out with some Capcom marketing mind & muscle behind it you could see a PS360 killer right there, Death of the PS3 = Quater 1 2009. (I'm going to friggin die laughing if that is true, I get this odd feeling it's just one of those things that will happen to be true, I hope it's not though. I like the ps3's extra functions.)

um, I'm so not a liar - seriously I never lie... time to defend... I'm going to stop now because I'm seriously typing things that are just appearing on the top of my... never mind it sto... never mind I'm still typing off the top of my head.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

See my reply here to the idea that one game can 'save' a system.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28524

CrazzyMan said:
Just 2 weeks more. =)
The gaming will change. =]
PS3 will dominate.

WOOOOOOOT!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

When you play the game, pop some popcorn, and make me a bootleg copy of the cut scenes.

If MGS4 were releasing without the 80gb bundle, I would agree that PS3 sales wouldn't go up much for a sustained period. But the reintroduction of that sku should increase sales permanently by at least 10,000 units simply because it was so popular back in the day.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.