By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you believe MGS4 will determine PS3 NA's success or final fate.

Torillian said:
ToastyJaguar said:
colonelstubbs said:
It will help the PS3, but the PS3 will never close the gap to the 360 while Microsofts machine is on the market

Funny, i'm looking at your sig...

I'm confused! 

I believe he's talking about the NA market.  Not WW, in which he believes that the PS3 will pass the 360.

Yes i m talking abt NA market and not WW.. and i don't think it take any genius to figure out that ultimately PS3 will pass 360 if it keeps winning week week after ... although the date when it will do that feat is highly debateable..

The quesiton is that after the release of GT5:P the PS3 sort of nullified the effect of XBOX price drop and has moved an extra 5 - 10k units atleast.. cuz people start seeing that PS3 has got some high profile games and even if they don't  buy that particular game... So similarly MGS4 is one such high profile and exclusive game which will sort of tell the people that it has got a decent library and will give it a momentum in sales... and PS3 need such recognition much more in NA then Europe.. cuz people still don't consider it seriously as a gaming machine in NA.. so this game might give it some sound footing..

when a console has couple of high profile successful games then the less renowned one also get sales and a bit of good word of mouth advertisement but if the console doesn't have such huge titles then normal everyday games also don't get noticed..

Just my theory.. open to objection.

Around the Network

After a couple of more exclusives that come to the PS3, it should start to really pick up.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

I never understand why people expect permanent changes from one game.

Torillian said:
ToastyJaguar said:
colonelstubbs said:
It will help the PS3, but the PS3 will never close the gap to the 360 while Microsofts machine is on the market

Funny, i'm looking at your sig...

I'm confused! 

I believe he's talking about the NA market.  Not WW, in which he believes that the PS3 will pass the 360.

ToastyJaguar, it was just a communication interpretation malfunction.

Torillian, have a cookie

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

PS3 need alot of exclusive AAA shooters with good online elements if they wanna overtake 360 in NA. shootings on xboxlive is one of the main reasons that 360 is so far ahead at NA compare to ps3

Around the Network
gengka said:
PS3 need alot of exclusive AAA shooters with good online elements if they wanna overtake 360 in NA. shootings on xboxlive is one of the main reasons that 360 is so far ahead at NA compare to ps3

But PS3 going to get RFOM, Bioshock 2 and COD5, not all exclusives but still a decent list... so i think shooter is not going to be the problem for PS3... rather a bit of diversity and exlusives from any genre but high profile will do lot of good for PS3..

Absolutely not. It will "INFLUENCE" it, but not determine it.

Too many other important titles are still coming out to go that far, LET ALONE IT STILL COST $400!!!!...FFXIII, FFvsXIII, KZII, White Knight Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Little Big Planet, SOCOM Confrontation, Tekken 6 just to name a FEW.

It DEFINITELY won't determine it; however, it is an important appetizer.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

determine no.
healthy contribution yes.

obieslut said:
determine no.
healthy contribution yes.

Agreed.

I already stated this in another thread, but it bears repeating: I do not think any game alone can move a console, more than at most a couple of hundred thousand. Having a good reputation, word-of-mouth and overall gaming-catalog (current and future) are more important than any given game.

This is invisible text!

DragonLord said:

Absolutely not. It will "INFLUENCE" it, but not determine it.

Too many other important titles are still coming out to go that far, LET ALONE IT STILL COST $400!!!!...FFXIII, FFvsXIII, KZII, White Knight Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Little Big Planet, SOCOM Confrontation, Tekken 6 just to name a FEW.

It DEFINITELY won't determine it; however, it is an important appetizer.

MGS4 will not determine the success of the PS3 but it will contribute to it.  MGS4 along with the other games DragonLord listed above will make sure the PS3 is very successful in the long run