By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Split decision: Baten Kaitos or Skies of Arcadia

Komodo said:
My Brother has SoA on GC I gave it a miss because I had it on Dreamcast is it worth playing again on GC (Via my Wii)?

The bounty battles and Piastol were good addons appart fromnew discoveries.

is worth a try 

Around the Network

Skies had far more moments of "awe" to me.

Getting the harpoon canon, then the Delphinus, then your own island, Racknam, casting Prophecy, etc...

The rEVOLution is not being televised

BK voice acting was horrid, I turned it off in the first half hour. That option to turn it off saved it for me, I don't think I would've stuck with it if I had to listen to that the whole time.

I need to get origins, I never played it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

BluJay said:
Riachu said:
BluJay said:
Skies of Arcadia was a bore fest. Baten Kaitos is one of the best RPG's that I have ever played. So get Baten Kaitos and don't waste your time looking at Skies of Crapcadia.

Baten Kaitos is not bad but is very flawed. The only reason you hated SoA was because of the lack of melodrama which was a blessing to the rest of us

I hated Skies of Arcadia because I thought the story and gameplay were boring and the music was disappointing, despite what people kept saying about it on the internet. Baten Kaitos was amazing in every aspect, except voice acting. The voice acting was enjoyable though because it was hilarious while sounding bad at the same time.

I hope I like the game if I ever play it as I heard it is really good.

Hmm..I'm still not sure. Baten Kaitos is cheaper and graphically better so I'm leaning towards it.....is the gameplay in Skies of Arcadia good or what?

For RPGs I guess I don't mind battle repetition I guess, as long as its good. I kind of recently beat Legend of Dragoon after 65 hours of battling and doing MADNESS HERO!!!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I haven't played SoA, but BK has one of the greatest storylines of all time, in my opinion. There is also so much to collect in BK that it is probably impossible to get everything (given that a great portion of it is one-chance collectables). I would say it takes about 50 hours to complete.

NFreak said:
I haven't played SoA, but BK has one of the greatest storylines of all time, in my opinion. There is also so much to collect in BK that it is probably impossible to get everything (given that a great portion of it is one-chance collectables). I would say it takes about 50 hours to complete.

BK's stories is standard RPG fare with the exception of the 'plot twist' which just happened to be well executed

The battle system of SoA is unique, and its very satisfying.
You battle as a team on the ground and on your ship and you also get engaged in ship battles where you get to fight ships or giant bosses. Story is epic and its perfectly ambienced.
As well as upgrading your cahracters, you need to upgrade your ship with new and better parts.
A masterpiece IMO.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

NFreak said:

Same with Skies.   I've played through it a few times and it's taken between 55-70 hours to collect aboslutely everything.  The good news it it is all worth collecting as you are rewarded for your efforts...unlike some games.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Wow. I wish I could get both, but that's like a $40 combined purchase....and I'm a wee bit too young to work....hmmm...I'll probably get BK first.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."