By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DRM still broken

Microsoft: Replace Your XBOX 360? "Sorry, We Can't Help You. Buy All Of Your Content A Second Time"

http://consumerist.com/tag/drm/?i=5011403&t=microsoft-replace-your-xbox-360-sorry-we-cant-help-you-buy-all-of-your-content-a-second-time

I can't understand what Microsoft are playing at. They have some of the best games this generation and had a good headstart but they seem to want to come last. Why treat fans like this? It just puts people off buying their products.

Around the Network

That is really. bad... hope they get sued over this one, seems class action suits are the only way M$ ever notices customer dissatisfaction.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

that is....soo....screwed up. That's not even funny.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Thinking about it, they're also scuppering their own business plan too. They want downloadable content to take of big-time, especially movies. Who's going to want to download their products if they know this is what will happen?

ouch....

good thing I don't download anything like that on PS3 (just in case SONY became like that)

BOYCOTT MICRO TRANSACTIONS!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

And to think Microsoft wants to go to exclusively digital distribution.
This helps me make up my mind which HD console I will buy ... if and when I buy one.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Old news. If you transfer your account to another 360 (even just at a friend's house and you bring your own hard drive), you need to be online to access your purchased games/content. Purchased content will only play off-line on the console it is purchased on. The article doesn't seem to do a very good job of mentioning that little fact.

I give this thread a 9.1.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

I know it's old news, hence the "still" broken.

No one bothered reading posts at VGC before posting that article, eh?

Multiple X360 owners with RROD, or general 360 failures (including myself) have not had DRM problems when re-downloading our paid content. Most MS consumers never have had the problem.

I am unsure where the issue is, but official MS statements have said that for the Spring Dashboard update (which has yet to be released), the rest of the DRM issues will be fixed. Or would you rather bash Microsoft without getting any sort of idea about the problem, outside of a consumerist report?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Different problem mrstickball, read the article. Yes I have read those threads you refer to, I started one of them.