By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisofts Shaun White - Wiifit balance board+snowboarding. Looks cool!

thing is - you just know EA is gonna announce a Balance Board SSX game anyway, probably at E3 but maybe earlier now. They have SSX blur engine / code to use, the name and they're throwing a lot of support to the balance board lately.

See my Sig - i'll wait for SSX.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Squilliam said:
HappySqurriel said:
The concept doesn't sound bad, but the quality of what we have seen of the project makes me question the quality. When you see a developer produce a Wii game that rivals the quality of graphics of a below average Dreamcast game you have to start to wonder how high of quality the developer is.

Have you seen anything that indicates the *gameplay* is shoddy?

Besides, this should be a treat for all those kinesthetic types of which im sure there are plenty on the Wii, due mostly to the controls.

Besides I have a friend with amputated arms and legs and im hoping he can play a Wii game or two. The Wii balance board looks like his best bet.

I haven't seen much to say that it will be delivered poorly, but at this point in time I am personally more excited about Skate It because EA has a track record of producing adequate controlls for Wii games.

I would say that with this game their incentives to produce a good quality is there. They have the chance to win the snow boarding genre for themselves on the Wii and cement themselves a good quality franchise. I don't see why they wouldn't give it a good effort.

The idea seems to work, the way is open and all they have to do is spend the time...

Tease.

even pushing graphics aside - the gameplay clips on there made the courses seem so lame and one of the write ups kept using the words "casual" (wii) and "realistic" (PS3 / 360) to describe it.

Doesn't seem like a quality franchise from where i'm sitting if thats the case - I was even dissapointed with SSX blur courses, I miss the huge breath taking drops that was in SSX Tricky and being able to cut corners for insane short cuts.

Give me a Wii SSX compilation with balance board controls, online elements and every SSX course ever feautured in an SSX game, this would ensure that EA and SSX would win the Wii snowboarding genre.