By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple gaming rumour rises again.

Quote:

Apple is jumping back into the gaming business. Buoyed by the huge interest in bringing games to its iPhone product, Apple is now preparing to add full fledged gaming to its Apple TV product and distribute the games via iTunes ala Valve. Apple sees their potential to be the hub on home entertainment being threatened by the Xbox 360 and PS3. This is also a pushback against Valve which is rumoured to be interested in video and music distribution.
SONY and MS should be VERY worried.

/Quote

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-151854.aspx

via

http://gamergalinsider.blogspot.com/2008/05/elephant-in-room.html 

Around the Network

Well the picture is clearly fake, that's for sure...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Sony would KILL apple

I hope they make one though. 4 consoles would be more interesting race than only 3.

It would be cool indeed to have another console

MK7!! 3DS friend code: 0688 - 5579 - 0994

Also playing DotA2 beta!

its a wii classic controller and a really bad fake

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

if they do make a console, they better be prepared to get some game studios up and running or do the old EA method, and buy up a company or two.

They'll still do bad. They failed horribly from their first console, the Apple Pippin. Maybe they've learned something from that

That is the pic from N4G....the ORIGINAL post has a plain old Apple TV pictured.

I've been predicting this since this generation began (see my profile). It makes sense for Apple to do this at some level. I don't know if this would be a full on competition as their not selling a 'console' just offering games for downloads as well as movies/music. But competition nevertheless.

Apple should cast their mind back to Nokia and their foray into the market...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

ummm...when would they be planning to do this? if its supposed to be anytime soon, i dont see much success coming mid gen.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur