By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will SEGA every have a CHANCE 2 make a new console?

Sega could try creating their own "Wii" or portable focused on Japan market.

Around the Network

I don't know, I would like to see them create one, but I don't think it would happen.

Sega could make a comeback if they got the right R&D partnership. They just need to make sure they don't fall into the "Loss Leading" strategy they tried that screwed them in the first place. Unlike Microsoft or Sony that can't just write it off and have another division cover their asses.

They are the pioneers of loss leading, and while it worked at first... it doomed them in the end.

They can't afford to make a new system and besides, who will support it with software besides Sega?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

it's not gonna happen. For this to happen Sega would have to save tons of money first, they would also need to come up with several killer apps that they could use as first party exclusives. They used to have killer apps, but they've mostly been ruined or diluted. It would take so much time and money to do it, and for them it would be a huge gamble. If they failed again they would have lost all they had built up to that point. The current sega is much more stable.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
Random Person B said:
disolitude said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Luck? You're kidding, right? It's Nintendo...

Yes damn lucky...going from the runner up to the runner up (gamecube

So Sony must have been pretty lucky with the PS1, going from not even runner up but from not even being in the market, to beating the monopoly Nintendo.

Please, luck didn't have anything to do with it then or now. You design something, put it through focus testing, and bam find you have something good.

Sorry but Nintendo and Sega practically handed the generation to Sony.  Sega or Nintendo would have had an advantage over Sony with all things equal but the mistakes they made were just that bad. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

The combination Apple + Sega is the only one that right now could take market share from Nintendo. Apple = One of the biggest brands in the world and one of the most popular in the console target market. *hands up if you own an Ipod*. Apple could build an awesome machine easily.

Sega = Game experience and awesome franchises that it could bring back.

Tease.

Plus Apple wouldn't fall into the trap of selling hardware at a loss.

If they are one of the biggest software company's, I would give them a chance. However I think they won't make a console with third party games. Maybe... maybe in the future, when there's one standard for consoles, SEGA will make a console with SEGA timed exclusives. SEGA's fanbase can play their games first, after that it gets a mainstream release.
As you can imagine SEGA won't be the only one. This scenario is not very likely.

Doktor85 said:
If they are one of the biggest software company's, I would give them a chance. However I think they won't make a console with third party games. Maybe... maybe in the future, when there's one standard for consoles, SEGA will make a console with SEGA timed exclusives. SEGA's fanbase can play their games first, after that it gets a mainstream release.
As you can imagine SEGA won't be the only one. This scenario is not very likely.

You do realise if that came to pass it would be running a Microsoft operating system?

Tease.