By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I killed my ds :(

Ok I was replacing my screen in my ds original because it had a lot of scratches. Upon doing this there is a black clothlike material that goes on the back of the screen. When I was reassembling my ds I forgot to put the black cloth ont he back of my ds and a fuse was blown. I could bring it back to life by soldering a new fuse, but if this doesn't work then I'm going to buy a lite to replace. Even if it does work I'm considering buying a lite anyway. SO could anybody recommend me some colors. I like the red one, and the blue one but can't decide. Is there new colors coming?

Around the Network

Bummer that you broke your DS, though that's a good example of why you shouldn't try to do that kind of work on a game system yourself. Anyway, there's always new colors coming. And if you don't like any of the colors you can get, there are DS skinning kits available from third parties.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Why would you even bother staying with a DS Phat?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I like my white DS, matches my Wii =P

Sky Render said:
Bummer that you broke your DS, though that's a good example of why you shouldn't try to do that kind of work on a game system yourself. Anyway, there's always new colors coming. And if you don't like any of the colors you can get, there are DS skinning kits available from third parties.
Well my warranty ran out, and it looked pretty easy. I guess I was wrong. It shouldn't be too hard to fix, but in the chance that it doesn't then I will buy a new one. I might just fix this one as a backup in case my new one breaks and I have to send it in to nintendo.

Around the Network

I have both, what does tht mean?

dtewi said:
Why would you even bother staying with a DS Phat?
Idk , I was planning to upgrade when there weren't to many games to buy anyway. I have alot of money saved up since I haven't been buying games in a month and a half.

That's a sad history ;/.. anyway.. a black DS sond good :)

@O-D-C
Hey, what's your problem with the DS Phat? In my own opinion, i feel more comfortable the DS Phat than the DS Lite.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

A have a black DS lite and it looks fine. But you should try a light one so it matches your Wii. Unfortunate your DS phat had to on you though D:

Alright. Vote. 1 or 2. I can't decide.