By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom cooking something up Wii similar to Lost Planet and Bionic Commando

Carnival Games is Take 2, not EA though the Playground game they have to take full responsibility for. They even put their name in the title. Oops.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

"Possible... the "or something like this" part we could talk about in a couple weeks perhaps."

Not this possible thingy again its a top secret answer on castlevania wii is more sure than this. After ubi I doubt 3rd parties anymore

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

They using the RE4 engine to make a wii version RE5. Confirmed.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

thekitchensink said:
Is it just me, or do Capcom and Ubisoft keep trading the title of 'best Wii supporter'?

I'm really thinking this will be a Wii-exclusive RE on an upgraded RE4 engine. It'll release after 5, so as not to steal any of its' thunder, and will either continue Leon's story or bring back an old character like Jill (as Capcom are wont to do). Remember when they saw the petitions and said they were 'interesting'?

Ubisoft can go to hell

Capcom have put out many GOOD titles for the Wii, including ones not aimed at casual gamers

Can Ubisoft match either of those claims? 

This is how it goes. High Voltage( theymay be small but they are at least trying more than large devlopers)>Capcom>Sega( They haven't in the past, but upcoming games from them are looking nice)=Ea>>>>>Ubisoft

Around the Network
brute said:
capcom are the best supporting 3rd party for wii,this is why i own alot fo theyre games they rock

That honor easily belongs to Marvelous Entertainment.  They are often ignored unfortunately, but they have thrown 95% of their home console development on the Wii so far this gen. 

Wii games from Marvelous:  No More Heroes, King's Story, Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (Odin Sphere 2), Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace, and a Hitman Reborn game.

PS360 games from Marvelous: Rainy Woods

Honorable mentions for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place in Wii support to Capcom, EA, Sega, and Namco respectively.  Capcom pulls ahead of EA for Monster Hunter.  Although EA has made plenty of good games on the Wii, they have yet to make a real big-budget exclusive, which Capcom has done.  Sega has some decent stuff both out and upcomming, and Namco is making ToS2 and Fragile, which is their first major new RPG franchise developed in a long time.

Edit: The sneaking up behind, and someone Wii owners should keep an eye on, is Square-Enix.  If anyone wants to know why I think you'll see major Wii support from them go ahead and ask.

come to think of it, is not CAPCOM that should be on top with SEGA in terms of support, its supposed to be SEGA, then EA then CAPCOM. SEGA already released so much games on the Wii already not including the ones that made by Platinum games.CAPCOM that released so far are ports like RE4 and Okami, RE: UC, Zack and Wiki and Super Swing Golf. SEGA made a million seller launch game Sonic and the Secret Rings and still selling. Just compare SEGA to CAPCOM

SEGA>>>>>>>>>>>CAPCOM thats a fact...

edit:  I also must mention mario and sonic with 4 million sales so far...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I think some of you are misconstruing quantity of support for quality of support.

Naz: I agree, Squeenix has some serious titles awaiting in the wings.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Sega, Capcom, Konami (just recently if castlevania is true), Namco, EA, Marvelous, Tecmo, THQ, Activision, Eidos are all showing some great support for the Wii.

I bet anything Square-Enix is up to something, and I believe Rockstar and Sierra will be doing something also.

Then you have all the small or independent studios that are eager to demonstrate that good games can be made by them, therefore making a huge effort in bringing some good games.

On the other hand Midway, Ubisoft, Epic, Codemasters and Harmonix (to a certain extent) are willing to mock down Wii owners or downplay the system, cause they simply don't care or they want to make quick cash.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Capcom has given us ports and Sven has lied to us about Okami.
There has been talk about giving us 2 crap games for a long while now,so I'm not going to be impressed until they show me something that current Wii owners care about.
I've been to the Ask Capcom boards and seen his posts.
He's a snake.Don't ever trust this fag.

Capcom started talking about unified online between the HD consoles and the PC recently and Lo and Behold! SF4 gets released for those systems.
I wonder what made them do that?

Remember the Capcom5?
Don't be suprised when RE5 doesn't appear on Wii despite passing their stupid test with flying colours.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.