By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "MGS4 has two cutscenes nearing the 90 minute mark" - EDGE

--OkeyDokey-- said:
darthdevidem01 said:
YAY!

Just what I wanted..

Why....?

Why would anyone want that?

I was falling asleep just listening to that old guy talk about "tanks with legs" in MGS3, and that lasted less than 15 minutes.

So then don't buy MGS4.

Around the Network
shanbcn said:
So? Why the hell did you want to spoil that for MGS fans? MGS is not for kiddies so better shut ur mouth next time before putting spoiler in the title.

... Saying a game has two 90-minute-cutscenes is a ... spoiler? What?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
shanbcn said:
So? Why the hell did you want to spoil that for MGS fans? MGS is not for kiddies so better shut ur mouth next time before putting spoiler in the title.

lul wat?

Dont worry it wasnt aimed at you...i was talking to Shanbcn after his little misguided rant

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Here is what they said about the game (removed 2 points since they were near-spoilers):

- Not a game for MGS outsiders
- two cut-scenes near the 90 minute mark
- Camera flow effortless between 1st and 3rd person view
- Control system has "at last" the ideal balance of intuitvness and range.
- Game can be played for months rather than days.
- MGS4 is not the game it could of been, nor the game it should have been if you believed the early trailers (??)
- But is very faithful to its fans and delivers without equal in so many ways

Source (possible spoilers inside)

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

So i guess all of you are going to be watching the game is wall lo
I dont like this its going to fall flat on its face.
I buy a game to play it not watch it. If i wanted to look at something beautiful i would by a film

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
darthdevidem01 said:
YAY!

Just what I wanted..

Why....?

I was falling asleep just listening to that old guy talk about "tanks with legs" in MGS3, and that lasted less than 15 minutes.

I'm not a huge fan of the games though I guess....but still. Don't you think that's a bit much?

That's because the cutscenes in MGS3 save a few were slightly boring should I say. But the ones in MGS2 were far more gripping even after 40 minutes of exposition and I think MGS4 will have the same kind of dialogue. 90 minute cutscenes for me is exceptional, MGS is the pinnacle of video game storytelling for a reason.

Damn I want this game. I don't care if it does have 90 minute cutscenes, as long as they are 90 minute MGS kickass-crazytalk cutscenes.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

shanbcn said:

Boohoo, now you know that there are long cutscenes. I'm sure thats going to fucking wreck the plot. 

DTG said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
darthdevidem01 said:
YAY!

Just what I wanted..

Why....?

I was falling asleep just listening to that old guy talk about "tanks with legs" in MGS3, and that lasted less than 15 minutes.

I'm not a huge fan of the games though I guess....but still. Don't you think that's a bit much?

That's because the cutscenes in MGS3 save a few were slightly boring should I say. But the ones in MGS2 were far more gripping even after 40 minutes of exposition and I think MGS4 will have the same kind of dialogue. 90 minute cutscenes for me is exceptional, MGS is the pinnacle of video game storytelling for a reason.

yh to distract you from the bad graphics and crappy gameplay

need a lot of redbull for that lol