So the quarter finals are:

Germany - Portugal
Croatia - Turkey
Netherlands - Russia
Spain - Italy

yes as i said so in the first page =P

Forgive us, we're stupid Americans .

I would never call an American with an interest in football stupid

Thanks, I try my best. Most of UEFA, sadly, is either shown during working hours or sleeping hours. I have a love for different cultures and nations that stretches back far which is why the '06 World Cup drew me in. The problem with Football here in America is that it's the most popular sport among young children. Unfortunately, most of these children grow out of Football as if it was a phase, and by high school they're either playing American Football or Basketall.

That, and most of the teams in this country suck. I can't even name a single one besides D.C. United, which is actually a decent team at least by American standards. Another reason being that Americans like to see a lot of action in their sports. In Football, you could go the entire first round without either team scoring, and have 100 failed opportunities at scoring along the way.

I actually find myself enjoying watching UEFA quite a lot, even if I don't know all the players or coaches.

Around the Network

Sooooooo, for tonight, who do you expect to win? i got my money on portugal!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
Sooooooo, for tonight, who do you expect to win? i got my money on portugal!

Sadly, that's who I would bet on as well.

Portugal. Without the German coach on field, they are even more rudder-less then they where in the group-face.

I expect a land-slide: 3 - 0 to portugal. And at least a 60-40% ball posession.

I cry foul and want the Swedish team back!

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Croatia vs Holland will be the FINAL... who agrees with me?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

@ Montana Hatchet... don't you even know the american 'soccer' team, LA GALAXY, they have DAvid Beckham you know :-O

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

My predictions for the quarter finals (until today, I predicted less than 50% correct, oops)

Portugal - Germany 3 - 1

Croatia - Turkey 1 -1 Croatia wins by penalties

Netherlands - Russia 3 - 1

Spain - Italy 1 - 2 Italy scores winning goal in extra time

Alternative prediction is that Germany is disqualified because of drugs use and Austria gets to play against Portugal and winning Euro 2008.

Aww g'damnit :'( - (From ESPN)

Boulahrouz leaves squad after family tragedy

Defender Khalid Boulahrouz has left the Holland camp following the death of his prematurely-born baby daughter.

The 26-year-old left training on yesterday to travel to the hospital to be with his wife, who was admitted after suffering complications with the pregnancy.

It is not known whether Boulahrouz - who spent last season on loan at Sevilla - will take part in any more games in Austria and Switzerland, and the Oranje have cancelled a press conference which had been scheduled for this afternoon.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

err well, this contradicts other statements saying he does stay after all..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

MontanaHatchet said:
koffieboon said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Neos said:
okr said:
So the quarter finals are:

Germany - Portugal
Croatia - Turkey
Netherlands - Russia
Spain - Italy

yes as i said so in the first page =P

Forgive us, we're stupid Americans .

I would never call an American with an interest in football stupid

Thanks, I try my best. Most of UEFA, sadly, is either shown during working hours or sleeping hours. I have a love for different cultures and nations that stretches back far which is why the '06 World Cup drew me in. The problem with Football here in America is that it's the most popular sport among young children. Unfortunately, most of these children grow out of Football as if it was a phase, and by high school they're either playing American Football or Basketall.

That, and most of the teams in this country suck. I can't even name a single one besides D.C. United, which is actually a decent team at least by American standards. Another reason being that Americans like to see a lot of action in their sports. In Football, you could go the entire first round without either team scoring, and have 100 failed opportunities at scoring along the way.

I actually find myself enjoying watching UEFA quite a lot, even if I don't know all the players or coaches.

Well, the games are played 20:45 CET, so that means for Americans it happens during daytime. I guess that makes watching the matches live almost impossible if you have a job to go to. But the next match from my country against Russia is in the weekend, just as Spain-Italy, so maybe you get to see those matches.

Too bad for the sport all those children decide to play other sports instead. But their preference for more popular sports is understandable. I guess the same thing could happen here if other sports would have a lot more exposure than football. Do you have any idea how many grown ups keep playing the game compared to the amount of children playing?

About Americans wanting a lot of action in their sports, I'm not completely sure about that. I guess it is more about the perception of action. I did see a few Superbowl matches in the past and to me there really isn't that much action. Actually, a big part of the game the ball isn't in play and a whole match takes something like 4 hours to complete? (that number is just a guess, if I'm wrong please correct me) And with baseball you might see long periods with hardly any hits at all, let alone some points being scored. You could say there isn't too much action there either. So if by action you mean more points being scored you're obviously correct, but to me that isn't really the same as action. Maybe a country can only have a few popular sports and in the US football simply isn't one of them.