By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

Now the German defender used his arms to stop a goal... Lol, I never expected Germany to need so much help to win this game.

EDIT - on second thought, he might have just been protecting his belly, would have to see it again.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

OMG! y haven't I noticed this thread sooner... anyway Holland FTW, loving their football- and loving van persie and robbens cameos in the last 2 games... ... Hopefully Van Persie continually improves to help arsenal 2 win the title next season...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Ishy said:
OMG! y haven't I noticed this thread sooner... anyway Holland FTW, loving their football- and loving van persie and robbens cameos in the last 2 games... ... Hopefully Van Persie continually improves to help arsenal 2 win the title next season...

i didn't know there was arsenal fans here besides me

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

So Portugal-Germany it is :)

I hope Germany plays the same way they did today (minus the great goal :P).

i am officially disgusted with how Poland played this evening. The players were playing absolute crap. I know that Poland isn't that strong a team compared to western countries, but today they reached a new low.
I demand that half of the team get a financial cut for what they have shown today. Yes, we Polish people can get very pissed about such things.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network

Even when I wanted Austria to win, they did a good job for their first Euro.

I didn't follow the polish but I believe you when you say it's crap Menago. Was it 1-0 to Croatia?

Damn second half was boring aswell. Nothing happened. Ballacks kick was amazing but aside from that, no opportunities for at least 35 minutes, then some that the germans effed up.

With this rate, I grant portugal the opportunity to kick them out. And that's comming from a Dutchie

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

It's as if they totally decided to stop giving their all. against Germany they played really well, even though they lost.
Against Austria after we scored for 1:0 we began to play very good, dominate even in some parts of the match.....but today...i'm lost for words as to what happened with them.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Oh by the way you should really read up on this NEOgaf thread of Euro2008. They've got two italians there going ballistic, pretty much facistic over everything. Especially look up at around the time the Italians played against the Netherlands and Romania. The lead up is awesome too... thread had me in stitches:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306102&page=71

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

RolStoppable said:
That should have been a penalty kick in the first half. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

But anyway, I guess I am as shocked as everybody else that Austria was at least equal to their opponents in all three matches and finished in third in the group.

There's also still the chance that Italy (current World Cup winner) and Greece (defending Euro champion) finish with worse results than us and that's at least something to make fun of for years!

Germany was definitely carried by the referee in this game, at least during the first half. Sorry Rol. At least you should be happy that Austria played well today :)