By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

RolStoppable said:
vaio said:
Yeah I agree but sadly they have had this formula for a long time and stick to it.

Actually no. Euro 2004 used the setup I described, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible that Portugal and Greece could both reach the final. Remember, they played in the same group.

Yeah you are right i forgot about that but hey used this formula before that tournament for a long time and I don´t know what made them go back again.

They talked about the situation i group A on televison and the rules expert that they asked said that if the game Check - Turkey ends in a draw they have the same performance result so the winner will be drawn, it seems they didn´t change the rules after all.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Rol, I think changing your nationality is way more newsworthy than getting an avatar (technically speaking I didn't have an avatar, so it is debatable whether I changed my avatar like you stated).

About the new setup, I'm not a fan of it either. I really prefer the idea that every team can meet every other team in the final instead of the draw making this decision.

Since there seems to be some confusion about the rules, here is a link to the official document from:

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19079.pdf

Articles 7.07 and 7.08 seem to be important for the group stages.

koffieboon said:
Rol, I think changing your nationality is way more newsworthy than getting an avatar (technically speaking I didn't have an avatar, so it is debatable whether I changed my avatar like you stated).

About the new setup, I'm not a fan of it either. I really prefer the idea that every team can meet every other team in the final instead of the draw making this decision.

Since there seems to be some confusion about the rules, here is a link to the official document from:

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19079.pdf

Articles 7.07 and 7.08 seem to be important for the group stages.

Can´t you just copy and paste the info on here?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:

Can´t you just copy and paste the info on here?

It doesn't let me copy paste the info, but that wasn't the reason anyway. I just added the whole document in case some other question about the rules arise later on.

koffieboon said:

Reminds me, I havent seen benga in this thread for some pages now. Perhaps not a big football fan outside of the Dutch games??

I'll make predictions tomorow, gotta hit the sac.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

My predictions are:
Croatia-Germany 2:3
Austria-Poland 1:3

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Croatie-Germany 1:2
Austria-Poland 0:2

i can see croatia winning against germany, or at least i hope so!
austria will tie against poland.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Looks like Germany will follow Portugal today....but can Austria grab a draw and keep themselves in the tournament longer than the Swiss, or will they just lose like normal....im not even gonna end that sentence with a question mark because yes, they will lose

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

RolStoppable said:
What's up with that nonsense? Are people seriously predicting that Austria will lose today? That's sick and wrong.

Some would call them realistic...