By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

Ronaldo just remided me why I dont really like the portugal team when he jumped to the ground as someones hand tapped his mouth.

Around the Network

Looks as if Portugal will win this game 2:1 :(

3:1 (offside?)

Deserved in the end. Good game.

3:1 from a cheeky fast free kick to make a 2 on 1 with peter check (or however you spell it)

It's Petr Čech (or Czech).

Around the Network

The win was one goal too high.

I hope the Swiss team realizes, that the Portuguese win increases their own chances to proceed.

RolStoppable said:
3-1 for Portugal.

Oh well, if the Swiss team wins today it's still possible that both, the Czech Republic and Switzerland, proceed to the next round.

Doesn't Switzerland need to win with at least a 3 goal difference against Portugal to achieve this (besides winning from Turkey tonight)? Cause that seems very unlikely to happen.

koffieboon said:
RolStoppable said:
3-1 for Portugal.

Oh well, if the Swiss team wins today it's still possible that both, the Czech Republic and Switzerland, proceed to the next round.

Doesn't Switzerland need to win with at least a 3 goal difference against Portugal to achieve this (besides winning from Turkey tonight)? Cause that seems very unlikely to happen.

Rol wrote already that they have to win tonight. That's the first step. And no, they don't need to win with at least 3 goals difference against Portugal. The Swiss team needs two own wins now and a tie in CZE:TUR (or a Turkish win) to proceed.

EDIT:  I missed, that Rol meant, both, Czech Republic and Switzerland, still can proceed. That is extremely unlikely, koffieboon is right.

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:
RolStoppable said:
3-1 for Portugal.

You are right, it would indeed take a victory of Switzerland over Portugal by at least 3 goals difference.

But I don't want Portugal to play against Austria in the quarter finals...

EDIT: Avatar, man. Get an avatar. 

Why don't you want Austria to defeat Portugal?

And I hope you're happy now Rol, you really seem to have an avatar obsession...

YES!

SUI 1:0 TUR in an exciting water polo match. (Funny colors in the Turkish away dress, btw)-