By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

France played a very similar style to the England qualifiers, they seemed unmotivated whichset up for a boring match. Romania had far more energy whenever they had the ball, they would surge forward but in the end didnt have any finishing power, also Frances defense was good.

Definitely good news for Holland and Italy.

Around the Network

Im going to predict a 2 : 1 victory for the Dutch. Also the Italian captain Canovaro is out of this tournament due to injury, will this affect them?

konnichiwaa said:
^sst....Wait till Austria wins with 5-0 against Germany then it will be worse for you =p...

If the Austrians play brilliant on Thursday and win 5-0 against Germany, then it will be more than a deserved win and I would never call it a bad match

A bad match for me is when both teams play awful and that's exactly what happened today in Zürich. It was by far the worst match we saw so far in this tournament. It seemed like someone forced the French payers to play in this tournament and they'd have preferred a vacation on a sunny beach. They did not show any will to win (with the exception of Ribéry), but we all know that the French team can play much better.

celine said:
RolStoppable said:
This was by far the worst match of this tournament. If I don't want to see goals, I watch tennis.

Well Austria vs Croatia wasn't better

Austria vs. Croatia wasn't nearly as bad as today's match. The Austrian and the Croatian team showed at least a good fighting spirit and both of them actually wanted to win.

A early goal would be nice now ;..

Around the Network

Extremely fair scene by Ruud van Nistelrooy. If he would have fallen, we most likely would have seen a penalty for the Dutch team.

This is the worst Euro championships ever.

Come on my home nation Italy! WOOOO!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Wow =p.... Congratulations Holland, thanks from the referee.

1 : 0 Holland!!!!!! :D Van Nistlroy tips in a powerful ground ball, although I have to admit he was offside quite blatantly, but it was an unexpected shot.

Shaping up to be a great game as expected, far more movement than in the France match.

The 1st goal was not offside. Our commentator just said that Panucci was laying behind the goal line (a player behind the goal line overrules offside) and that's why the Dutch goal is correct.