By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is English Football Doomed?

but the academys are there and the sport is strong i mean a 4th division match in uk would have 10 times the amount of fans a premier match would have in ireland. unfortunatley the world we live in today is media based but dont give up on english football its alive and kicking and isnt doomed for a long long time if ever.

Around the Network

England will be back one day;..Every football nation has his dip.

reask said:
but the academys are there and the sport is strong i mean a 4th division match in uk would have 10 times the amount of fans a premier match would have in ireland. unfortunatley the world we live in today is media based but dont give up on english football its alive and kicking and isnt doomed for a long long time if ever.

i hope youre right!

enjoy your sport ps and f**k the begrudgers you will get there it is only a matter of time. count yourself lucky youre not irish we cant qualify for anythinh and we have a 299 year old manager jeez.

England National Soccer Team have had two foreign managers Ericson and now Capello.
England failed to qualify for Euro 2008.
I doubt England would qualify for 2010 World Cup.
80% of EPL teams comprise mainly of foreign players. Where are all the English talent? They are too busy playing  video games. A generation of inactive children has resulted in less English talent

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
England National Soccer Team have had two foreign managers Ericson and now Capello.
80% of EPL teams comprise mainly of foreign players. Where are all the English talent? They are too busy playing  video games. A generation of inactive children has resulted in less English talent

Actually they are playing on the wii

Havent you seen the Pro Evo 2008 advert with Ian Wright and Michael Owen?

Or the mario soccer advert that had shaun wright phillips and....ian wright again...?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Rock_on_2008 said:
80% of EPL teams comprise mainly of foreign players. Where are all the English talent? They are too busy playing video games. A generation of inactive children has resulted in less English talent
you are joking right?

We have lots foreign players in every European league, so that´s not a problem in my opinion (actually I like this fact).

You also don´t have too many games per season as Rol stated. Doesn´t matter (two English teams were in the CL final).

By far the biggest threat for England´s football imo are the investors. The league is sold bit by bit which made it the richest and most glamorous league in the world but also the most fragile one. It´s all about the glitter and the current or next Ronaldo. The English football is not down to earth anymore and it´s forgetting its roots and its fans.

And the national team? Sorry, but same procedure every year since 1966. No sign of change or real development. Good players but not enough will to win and many wrong decisions (I remember the world cup 2006 very well - why the hell didn´t they just focus on their goal and bring their girlfriends/wifes instead to buy out all boutiques in that funny little town called Baden-Baden? Ah, the Spice girl and her bunch invading the world cup - a good laugh then. When I saw the first pics of the girls coming out of boutiques surrounded by dozens of paparazzi I knew the English team would screw it again).

I stopped caring about England ages ago, my only concern is Manchester United, who also happily have the most English players in the premier league. Also arsenal are no longer an English club, deal with it and the English premier league is just the premier league that happens to be in england. Like who the eurovision song contest is actually the eastern european song contest.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Arsenal are bad for this, I can only think of one player they have from England, where as a few years ago they were abundant.

Teams should take a page from Villas books, we field a mostly English squad week in week out and we still get results.